Mentor Wanted...

why not try daytrading chat rooms? the fees is nothing like one-one coaching but you get actual traders putting their mouth where there words are - i am doing that on a popular day trading chat room and love it - its for US equities though but surely principles of day trading dont change?

All I want is for mentors to prove that they can trade.No excuses,if they are mentors they cant moan and say its hard work and tradings easier.Thats a lame excuse.As I have said in this and previous threads,if you are a mentor then trade live, and tell me where and when then I might even part with a few bucks myself.

you should check out jmischooloftrading.com if your looking for a mentor trading nyse,nasdaq,amex. I received my training through them, not sure if they do forex, etc.

mentoring?

what about advice:
there is value in papertrading.
You must be able to make money there first.
If you can't keep working on it.

Then once you figure out a way to make money
figure out a way to keep that money. Work with stop-loss
(real ones-mental stop do not work unless you are very very very disciplined).

Once you can make money and learn to keep it virtually,
start to trade SMALL meaning 1 contract or 100 shares.
Small profits and smaller losses.

About indicators, systems, softwares, I tried most of them
all the way to esoterics ones to realise after all these years
that was I was using at first was the good stuff that brings home money:
supports/resistances + trendline + moving averages.

As well you'll be better if you concentrate one one stock or one index.
You get to know how it will react day in/day out.
In my case it is the emini russell 2000.

The goal is not to predict but to react to the action of the market.
I lost faith in predictions a long time ago.

Good Luck , Be Patient and take your time.

Bye

Trader4ever

I see your point julian, every mentor will need a prooven track record, however trading wold be more easy than mentoring.
Imagine this, your trading and a studant is asking you questions about other things , with this one has to manage there postion.
With the stress of the trade and the brain side tracked in to explaining kinder garden stuff, this is stressfull and not as easy as simply trading alone...

just trade your stratagies on paper and when you start making money fairly consistently jump in for real!