Mentor Wanted...

kev1n1983

Hi all,

I day trade at the moment, but i am looking for someone that has good trading knowledge so that i can bounce my ideas off them. it would be nice to get a diferent point of view on the markets, i trade ftse but would love to do forex....

So if anyone is interested, it would be nice to hear from you.

Thanks

Kev

I too would like to be Mentored, I know most traders will prob say no, but its worth a try.

if i make my £1000 a day then yes!! and im being completely honest!!

So, is this like novice signing up for a course of golf lessons with a pro and only paying him if he wins the club championship?

So, is this like novice signing up for a course of golf lessons with a pro and only paying him if he wins the club championship?

Personally i dont think it's like that at all, i have spent a lot of time in front of the market, there are days when i have pull between 50-100 points in a day, unfortunately mindset and lack of pulling the trigger can be the problem. Thats were a mentor would help...

£10 x 100 = £1000 very possible i think... it will just take time to build capital, my strategy is for a small stop and good risk to reward.

Thanks for the comment though, i know that 85% of traders lose in the first year....but im not going to be one of them.

Kev

Hi all,

I day trade at the moment, but i am looking for someone that has good trading knowledge so that i can bounce my ideas off them. it would be nice to get a diferent point of view on the markets, i trade ftse but would love to do forex....

So if anyone is interested, it would be nice to hear from you.

Thanks

Kev

Not volunteering for the job, would teach too many bad habits!

BUT

If you were asking Beckham to come and coach your pub team would you be asking him in only two lines?

You only get back what you put in.................

Personally i dont think it's like that at all, i have spent a lot of time in front of the market, there are days when i have pull between 50-100 points in a day, unfortunately mindset and lack of pulling the trigger can be the problem. Thats were a mentor would help...

£10 x 100 = £1000 very possible i think... it will just take time to build capital, my strategy is for a small stop and good risk to reward.

Thanks for the comment though, i know that 85% of traders lose in the first year....but im not going to be one of them.

Kev

I said that too, for the first year and the second and the third.....

I would imagine that the downside of relying on a mentor is that it gives the trader someone to blame. The mentor question comes up a lot here - it seems to me that apart from a few exceptions those that can do won't teach. And those that can't do will teach.

Those that can do and decide to be benevolent in respect of holding a novice's hand will soon regret the thankless task of having the responsibility of coaching 95% losers.

Last edited:
the only entity you can pay for lessons and get something out of it is the market itself. Unfortunately you can't decide the price.

Not volunteering for the job, would teach too many bad habits!

BUT

If you were asking Beckham to come and coach your pub team would you be asking him in only two lines?

You only get back what you put in.................

I wrote and published my life story at FF, lol. I Didnt get much back, but maby that was because of the spelling mistakes.:eek:

I wrote and published my life story at FF, lol. I Didnt get much back, but maby that was because of the spelling mistakes.:eek:

Fair enough but i'd be more willing to help someone who made a decent effort in the first place, i guess i meant if you can only be bothered to write a few lines asking for help will you be bothered to do everything needed to succeed or will you cut corners?

Many good traders here, who may share there skills with newbies.
But what price dose one put on such knollage ?
Few beers and a curry ?
Or what is the going rate for such a service ?
I dont mean these £2750 course crap who give you all the info and walk away/
I mean just enough ££££ to show that the candidate is committed , this encourages time wasters if you know what i mean.

I would pitch a guess at £ 480 ? for a days tuition , an i near , or way out ?

thoughts please

Fair enough but i'd be more willing to help someone who made a decent effort in the first place, i guess i meant if you can only be bothered to write a few lines asking for help will you be bothered to do everything needed to succeed or will you cut corners?

I understand what your saying. Its about giving the rite impression, especially in a forum where nobody knows or owes you anything --- Effort should be made if your serious about your request.

You made perfect sence, I was just having a joke at my own expense:)

Leon

Many good traders here, who may share there skills with newbies.
But what price dose one put on such knollage ?
Few beers and a curry ?
Or what is the going rate for such a service ?
I dont mean these £2750 course crap who give you all the info and walk away/
I mean just enough ££££ to show that the candidate is committed , this encourages time wasters if you know what i mean.

I would pitch a guess at £ 480 ? for a days tuition , an i near , or way out ?

thoughts please

If you are talking about disuading people who are not serious, then price is all relative. You can get rich people who are not that interested but may throw away £500 or even £1000 a day. To another, very serious person, more than £100 or £200 a day could be just too much money for them.

Surely, the real value of mentoring alongside a good trader is truely worth more in the region of at least £5,000- ? Depending on how much the trader's time represents of course. If a trader earns 100K a year only doing an hour a day, well, that's very expensive tuition to take a trader away from their market for one day.

Everything and everyone you need is on this site. There are lots of free seminars about and loads of online lessons.They will teach you as much as any mentor. Ill start by telling the the things that are most important. You brain is not trained to accept loses so learn to deal with that first(each loss must be part of a winning curve),then add good discipline and money management and finally look for a methodology.

Good comments tradergirl,
If someone has trouble finding £200 for a tution course should that person be tradig in the first place ?

Julian, On the same note if someone makes £100k per year trading that is someone who is sucsessfull. For me its worth taking something from proven sucsessfull people than half whits who make the occasional £1000 a week .

Still its hourses for courses, lots of mugs still pay £2000+ for tuition on weekend courses.......

Advise is to get to know some one loacal, get a friendship going and if that person gives you some knollage, return the favour with beers, fun and food, but its not has to be repaid in that order LOL

Tomtom can you please tell me how you tell wether someone is proven or successful. Surely live trading is the only sure way to judge this

If you are a good trader trade, leave the mentoring to the ones who need to earn money by other means.
Mentoring is hard work!!it is actually easier to make money by trading rather than mentoring
(That is if you are not a a con)