Member reputation system faults?

I've lost a few dots too, looks like - did the dots vs scoring system change too Sharky?

i think we need sharky to come up with some more inventive words of praise to accompany each dot and star increment.

Also, we need descriptions for those undesireables who accumulate red dots: "this member is a pant stain on the universe of T2W"

I see a need for less of the descriptions now that we have unlimited dots/squares to play with, as you can see your "score" by counting them.
The descriptions were only useful for when there was a limit of 6 light green & 6 dark green dots IMO, so once you had 6, you could gain an idea of the differing point levels hidden behind the limit of 6 green % 6 light green.
The limit now seems to be 5 green & 5 light green dots per gold star segment. I presume sharky has had to alter the boundaries/points thresholds a little to accomodate the modifications.

I have an embarrassing surfeit of green dots.

I propose that dots are awarded by "thread type", as most of my dots are due to my witty insights and encyclopedic knowledge and solomonic wisdom on matters other than trading! (mostly Foyer type threads)

if my dots were trading related reputation, I would have less than a quarter of them.
think on that.

EDIT: irony of ironies! I just got another rep for this post. Classic!

Last edited:
I'll post a full explanation in the next few days to clear up any confusion. We didn't change any boundaries, all that's changed is the visual way of represening reputation... before if you hit the top rep level, then it didnt matter how much more reputation you gained you'd still show as x green dots... now that last level is stil the top one, but the dots keep going up now.

I have an embarrassing surfeit of green dots.

I propose that dots are awarded by "thread type", as most of my dots are due to my witty insights and encyclopedic knowledge and solomonic wisdom on matters other than trading! (mostly Foyer type threads)

if my dots were trading related reputation, I would have less than a quarter of them.
think on that.

EDIT: irony of ironies! I just got another rep for this post. Classic!

Good post - ;) . I say - don't worry about it!

Good post - ;) . I say - don't worry about it!

A t2w member called SAHD72 is giving me bad reputations for no reason without posting anything.

I have emailed him to ask what his gripe is but yet to hear a reply.

Doesn't say anything on his bad repus just a blank comment.

I'm not fussed about the negatives but I would like to know why?

Any advice welcome... :rolleyes:

I've yet to review the reputation system but intend to this week definitely. I'll also look into this SAHD72 for you Atilla.

A t2w member called SAHD72 is giving me bad reputations for no reason without posting anything.

I have emailed him to ask what his gripe is but yet to hear a reply.

Doesn't say anything on his bad repus just a blank comment.

I'm not fussed about the negatives but I would like to know why?

Any advice welcome... :rolleyes:

Perhaps he just clicked the wrong radio button?
I got some good reps from the same guy... I don't see why anybody would give you bad ones :)

Perhaps he just clicked the wrong radio button?
I got some good reps from the same guy... I don't see why anybody would give you bad ones :)

Twice on the DOW thread... I don't mind receiving bad ones but I think a few words are in order.

He is yet to respond to my email asking him why?

Do you or would you give negative repus without any words of explanation?

You do have to post something in a disapprove comment - though i guess u could just add a full-stop and it would be accepted...

Twice on the DOW thread... I don't mind receiving bad ones but I think a few words are in order.

He is yet to respond to my email asking him why?

Do you or would you give negative repus without any words of explanation?

I don't give negative reps. If I see something or someone I don't like, I'll reply to it in public. I only give out positive ones :)