Mastery Trading Academy .. swindle

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK this picture is a bit of fun, but it does sum things up. Mastery Trading Academy (MTA or MTA Live or whatever they call themselves now) will shake every last dime out of you hard selling you 'Snake Oil' (click on the picture to see it full size).

For those of you who do not know the significance of Snake Oil .. have a quick google (age old con trick).

By the way Mike Douglas and MTA, my challenge still stands, post a trade plan of 5 or more trades before positions are taken and let us see how good you are :cool: Simples.

MikeD_SnakeOil.jpg

As always, see earlier posts for undisputable proof of the lies, fakes and cheap tricks the confidence trickers are using.

Last edited:
I think I have made my point and highlighted the dodgey deeds of Mastery Trading Academy (Mike Douglas, Janet Mcanuff, Lest Johnston and Matt Travis).

As I predicted in the Mike Baghdady thread, that was a smear compain by some ex-employees who had an ulterior motive and set up a rival company (MTA). :smart:

I have identified the lies, fakes and tricks of Mastery Trading Academy, so my job is done. Hopefully anyone thinking of paying MTA will do due dilligence and find out this information.

My job is done.

I have been thinking a lot about posting on here. I attended Mastery Trading academys course in May in Joburg. It lasted three days and they promised us that Mike Douglas would trade live and make money on the third day. We were also promised to make money on that day - that is one of the reasons that I paid my money to go on the course. That's how it was sold to us. Its a lot of money for me and a lot of the people who attended, maybe not lots for Mike and his people but for most of us here in South Africa its a lot and we made savings from other things to pay the money. Anyway, on the third day it was a shambles. I have to say that Mike was a great speaker, Les just seemed to be always saying sorry for what was going wrong and Matt just floated around looking like a dodgy insurance salesman, not a good thing to be here. There was a lady called Janet who really tried to help us.
Mike took three trades and all of them were losers. He said that the market was not good that day for trading but he seems to forget that we were all promised to make money on the course. Well I did not and most of the people there did not make anything. We all lost. They said that they all made 3% or 5% a day every day trading. We did not see the proof of that. We all had to open an account with a broker they gave us in London. The offer was to give us all a joining bonus for opening a binary option account. Why not one here in South Africa? Anyway that was hard work and a lot of people could not get accounts opened during the course.

I have kept in touch with them and got some trades to copy at the start. The trades are not what we were taught on the course. Totally different so how were we to carry these out? Take another course at more cost Matt told us. So now I am left wondering if the claims they made to sell us have any truth in them.

I have followed the blogs from Matt and its now obvious that the claims he makes about the profits he makes are not based on real trading. He is trading a demo account unless he has £182,539 in his account. I don't think so. This makes me feel cheated and so do a lot of other people who went on the course and paid good money. Look at the posts he has just made. That is treating us like a fool.
Just click on the pictures to see the full story. This is not true trading as Mike told us that trading a demo account is worse than useless.

https://twitter.com/mtravis8

https://twitter.com/mikedouglas_FX

A few of us are now very unhappy at what is going on and are trying to find out more about the claims they make. they are coming back to south Africa and some of us will have some hard questions waiting for them. We are not happy at how we have paid for something and its then asked to pay more. The trading evidence is nor really live trading and this guy Matt just seems to think we are all stupid over here. well we are not and some of us are very angry.

very sorry to hear about your misfortune African angel, Hope it hasn't put you off trading altogether, stick around here as it a great place to learn, ask as many questions as you need, help is never far away.

How much of a ******** do you have to be to believe anyone makes 3-5% per day? The best ****ing hedge funds in the world make 20-25% per YEAR.

Last edited:
African angel, I too attended the course in Joburg, and if you're going to tell the story of what happened then tell the whole truth and not part to satisfy your excuse for not taking action, Mike Douglas explained that trading would be difficult that day because if you remember it was a bank holiday in the USA and UK, but the course had to go on, he also said that the organisers set the date of the course.

I'm doing quite well since the course even though i'm trading a small account and I have been emailing mike who I have to say answers all my emails promptly with good support have you emailed him with your difficulties?
He offered lifetime email support and challenged us to send in our trades for analysis which I do, have you sent in your trades?

Many people want to blame someone else for their own failures or lack of discipline trading is never easy, but Mike douglas approach to trading is simple and easy to understand and i'm sure he would be willing to answer your questions if you had only asked him.

African angel, I too attended the course in Joburg.

Rockiller, it says you have been a member here since 2010, so you should know better than to just jump at someone who has a valid post. By the way, I suspect you actually work for MTB :smart:

If Mastery trading Academy or MTB Live or what every they call themselves sell their course on a promise of making 5% per day, there can be no excuses. The date of their course was planned well in advance, so the excuse of holiday in UK and US is not acceptable. At the very least they should offer a 50% refund or more since they could not demonstrate live trading and customers did not get the return they were made to believe they would.

Read this thread from the start, Mastery Trading Academy aka MTB use fake information, false claims, basically confidence tricksters.

Lets repeat the challenge to Mike Douglas and MTB, post a plan of 5 trades on here before any positions are entered so we can see if he is just a great talker or if he knows how to trade.

I almost forgot. The reason these guys got people to sign up tot a broker in the UK is probably because they get an IB commission. For those who don't know, this means they get a cut of the broker commission on every trade you make (win or loose). Did they make the clear ?

Last edited:
Sir or madam you do not say. I think your post is just too nice and supportive of Mike and Mastery Trading Academy. I did tell the full story. There was no bank holiday in the UK or USA on the 19th of may. We attended the course on sunday 18th and monday 19th may. Check and you will see so what are you talking about????
We have been doing some of own checking over here. We now know that they were getting paid for everyone of us who signed up to the ETX binary option account. We were not told this but were told that we had to use ETX because it operated in London and was best regulated because of that and that our money would be safe. We were not told that they would be making more money out of us, its not breaking the law but as they say they are different and honest it does not seem right to not tell us the whole story.

We were not offered email support for life. I think you have just made this up or you are the only one who got this. Why is that? The trades sent to us for a few weeks by email were to just copy and do. This is not any use when you are trying to learn something. You have to understand why its happening to become able to do it yourself so they give you this for a few weeks only and of course they say that you need to pay more to come on another course to learn this. This is not what we were told at the start when they were selling us the first course but still they claim to be different. It seems to some of us that they are not very different to what people like Greg Secker do to us here in South Africa. Mike Douglas traded live and lost but promised us we could make our money back on the course.

Now the guy Matt goes all over the internet showing his big trades and the profits he is making but it is clear that they are on a demo account. How honest is this. It smells. I made $3,400 overnight in my sleep and things like that. Its not true as any of us can see its not a live and real account. So we think you are either part of them or you are very close to them. You do not sound honest and I will not take a lecture from you.
African angel, I too attended the course in Joburg, and if you're going to tell the story of what happened then tell the whole truth and not part to satisfy your excuse for not taking action, Mike Douglas explained that trading would be difficult that day because if you remember it was a bank holiday in the USA and UK, but the course had to go on, he also said that the organisers set the date of the course.

I'm doing quite well since the course even though i'm trading a small account and I have been emailing mike who I have to say answers all my emails promptly with good support have you emailed him with your difficulties?
He offered lifetime email support and challenged us to send in our trades for analysis which I do, have you sent in your trades?

Many people want to blame someone else for their own failures or lack of discipline trading is never easy, but Mike douglas approach to trading is simple and easy to understand and i'm sure he would be willing to answer your questions if you had only asked him.

African Angel and Laser Trader Both of you seem to be happy if others jump on the bandwagon and criticize trainers and educators, but the minute someone comes on and supports them because they have had a different experience to you suddenly they must work for the organisation in question, you all make me laugh, because some of you are too thick to put into practice what you have been taught it's always someone elses fault.
Trading is simple and psychology, if you're disciplined and not greedy, do not try to hit big every time you trade you can make consistent profit like I do, I currently make 4% on my account every day and Mike Douglas taught me, he replies to all my emails immediately for which I am grateful, thats why I speak highly of him African Angel and Laser Trader not because I work for them but I bet you both work for Greg Secker.

As I remember only 3 people in the world are trained to teach Mike Baghdady's price behaviour .
One of them was Mike Douglas .
Are they doing the same trick showing ,how you can constantly and easy make money using opening range breakout ?
And the trick how you can increase probability when you do not take any trade inside opening range ?:D

Last edited:
Sir or madam you do not say. I think your post is just too nice and supportive of Mike and Mastery Trading Academy. I did tell the full story. There was no bank holiday in the UK or USA on the 19th of may. We attended the course on sunday 18th and monday 19th may. Check and you will see so what are you talking about????
We have been doing some of own checking over here. We now know that they were getting paid for everyone of us who signed up to the ETX binary option account. We were not told this but were told that we had to use ETX because it operated in London and was best regulated because of that and that our money would be safe. We were not told that they would be making more money out of us, its not breaking the law but as they say they are different and honest it does not seem right to not tell us the whole story.

We were not offered email support for life. I think you have just made this up or you are the only one who got this. Why is that? The trades sent to us for a few weeks by email were to just copy and do. This is not any use when you are trying to learn something. You have to understand why its happening to become able to do it yourself so they give you this for a few weeks only and of course they say that you need to pay more to come on another course to learn this. This is not what we were told at the start when they were selling us the first course but still they claim to be different. It seems to some of us that they are not very different to what people like Greg Secker do to us here in South Africa. Mike Douglas traded live and lost but promised us we could make our money back on the course.

Now the guy Matt goes all over the internet showing his big trades and the profits he is making but it is clear that they are on a demo account. How honest is this. It smells. I made $3,400 overnight in my sleep and things like that. Its not true as any of us can see its not a live and real account. So we think you are either part of them or you are very close to them. You do not sound honest and I will not take a lecture from you.

Sounds familiar ... someone sells you a course, promises its the only course you will need and you will make money (5% per day). You pay for the course then they have you. They make you sign up to their broker so they get more money, you do the course and they say it is your fault you don't make money. Then they offer another course. There is a word ... now what is it .... ah yes SCAM !!!

By the way, you can report these people to the FSA in the UK for not making it clear they get money from the broker. They will get struck off.

You could also report them for not reporting earnings, trading under a false name (they are no longer Mastery of Trading and do not have a registered company) of Facebook and PayPal would probably welcome a comment.

Last edited:
Trading is simple and psychology, if you're disciplined and not greedy, do not try to hit big every time you trade you can make consistent profit like I do, I currently make 4% on my account every day and Mike Douglas taught me, he replies to all my emails immediately for which I am grateful, thats why I speak highly of him African Angel and Laser Trader not because I work for them but I bet you both work for Greg Secker.

So the course was not very good, if you have to keep emailing Mike Douglas.

Since you put down others for not being intelligent I assume you are very intelligent but even you need more help than just the course, that shows how bad the course is and how false MTBs claims are.

Come on now, 4% every day ... really. Lets face it you can claim anything on here.
Since Mike Douglas is too scared to post a trade plan (he will lose money like he did on the course) perhaps you could, then we can see if you are telling the truth. Plan 5 positions and post before any are entered, then we will see.

I would like to offer my course, you will make 110% every day, if you don't you are not intelligent and I will sell you another course. But first sign up to my broker so I get a nice commission if you win or loose. Wipe out your account and I make £100 :)

Last edited:
African Angel and Laser Trader Both of you seem to be happy if others jump on the bandwagon and criticize trainers and educators, but the minute someone comes on and supports them because they have had a different experience to you suddenly they must work for the organisation in question, you all make me laugh, because some of you are too thick to put into practice what you have been taught it's always someone elses fault.

Rockiller - you went quiet, was it the put up or shut up challenge ?

Just in case you missed it:

Since Mike Douglas is too scared to post a trade plan (he will lose money like he did on the course) perhaps you could, then we can see if you are telling the truth. Plan 5 positions and post before any are entered, then we will see.

...Trading is simple and psychology, if you're disciplined and not greedy, do not try to hit big every time you trade you can make consistent profit like I do, I currently make 4% on my account every day...

Ofc you do. 4% return a day? Puhleeze... you're not me.

As you were.

I have been doing some searching on this guy Mike Douglas to see if he had any credibility in the trading industry. Within 5mins looking at his tweeter account I came across this tweet; I think this tells me all I need to know. He is a complete FAKE.

Mike Douglas @mikedouglas_FX · Apr 7

Who would like me to show them how to turn £50 into £1,500,000 in just 11 months!? Best join me on the 26th april Live with @AfricanBEM

(n)(n)

With success comes haters.... Jealousy....
Makes me smile as it means you know you are doing something others are scared to attempt or cannot do... for any doubters please find my trading account uploaded to our website.. www.mtalive.com
Company registration with companies house.... this is the company number please search.... 9210459
& My office number is 01489 611 682
Office 127 Forum 3 Whitley business park Portsmouth.
Please come visit us, call us, do what you must i am happy to trade live in front of anyone
To the haters drinks up

Matt Travis last post...

You guys got anything else they want to prove? Or you still lying?

With success comes haters.... Jealousy....
Makes me smile as it means you know you are doing something others are scared to attempt or cannot do... for any doubters please find my trading account uploaded to our website.. www.mtalive.com
Company registration with companies house.... this is the company number please search.... 9210459
& My office number is 01489 611 682
Office 127 Forum 3 Whitley business park Portsmouth.
Please come visit us, call us, do what you must i am happy to trade live in front of anyone
To the haters drinks up

Matt Travis last post...

You guys got anything else they want to prove? Or you still lying?

Matt, registering the company yesterday fools no-one.

Please see Mike Douglas and MTA Online SCAM thread for more information and proof of the cheap tricks Matt Travis and Mike Douglas are doing.

Breaking News !!!!!

LaserTrader (les Johnston) In a interview with Ali G

This spiteful ex employee who was fired has finished his pot noodle, and lost his marriage and now only has trade 2 win to cuddle him at night, how is that brown teddy??

Just heard in other news.... Les Johnston (Lasertrader) Who was fired from MTA due to scamming staff is has been found out to be a bell shiner... He is soon to marry an unknown man from peckham....

King thats class, Laser Trader profile picture on another site show his face he looks like a Trannie, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.