Mastermind2

wskanaan

Hi everyone...

I think this expert adviser is worth a try...

The MasterMind 2 (Version2.0) - MQL4 Code Base

It does not trade much but has proven to make dependable trades. I usually close the trades myself when I feel that the price is about to go backwards... but usually it goes in the right direction after that...

OK.. I have tried this indicator and it has proven to be effective... even if I thought it was going against the trend. I am using it in the 5 minute chart. Just avoid letting it trade between sessions where there is minimum volatility.

please tell me this is a joke?

Joke?
It worked for me... it actually made trades before a sharp reversal so initially I would close the orders when it started losing but then would regret it because there would be a sharp reversal...

I don't know the exact logic behind it... but I will... eventually

Joke?
It worked for me... it actually made trades before a sharp reversal so initially I would close the orders when it started losing but then would regret it because there would be a sharp reversal...

I don't know the exact logic behind it... but I will... eventually

sig_buy=iStochastic(NULL,0,100,3,3,MODE_SMMA,1,MODE_SIGNAL,0);
sig_sell=iStochastic(NULL,0,100,3,3,MODE_SMMA,1,MODE_SIGNAL,0);
sig_high=iWPR(NULL,0,100,1);
sig_low=iWPR(NULL,0,100,1);

if (sig_buy<3 && sig_high<-99.9) {
BuyValue=1;
}

if (sig_sell>97 && sig_low>-0.1) {
SellValue=1;
}

basically, it looks at the signal line being a stochastics(100,3,3) being below 3 and Williams%R(100) being under -99.9 or so combo for a BUY.

and Stochs(100,3,3) being above 97 and Williams%R(100) above -0.1 for a sell.

put this onto a chart yourself (stochs(100,3,3)etc) and see for yourself.

have you actually graphed the posted buys/sells onto a chart?
the intra-trade drawdowns are horrific! (thats why I am not bothered to unravel the code further)

are these developers related to spanish89 or something?

OK.. this leaves me with two things...
First... I really need to get into MQL4...
Second... I will test this thing further next week. Right now it is serving me well... but as I said above... I avoid low volatility times. I currently set it to a take profit and a stop loss of 20 for both. In the successful times it reached the take profit points.

Anyway... I will hopefully comment on it in one week

I used this EA yesterday... not a single success. After a few losses I stopped it. The problem seems to be that it does not take into account the longer term trend. I will try to modify it and see what happens.