Masteres Or CFA

singh2jatt

Hi

I am very confused in which to do, should i do a Masters in finance and accounting or a CFA, I would like to get a job in investment banking or a city trader.

Which is better the CFA is more Flexible and cheaper.

Most position listings you'll see including CFA as a preferred credential include "or MBA", so really either is likely to do.

That said, I'd add two comments. The first is that an MBA is likely to have broader impact on your career in terms of upward mobility and professional contacts. You meet a lot of people during grad school, not so many doing a CFA.

Secondly, you may find that the CFA isn't really in demand for the positions you are considering. There aren't too many traders that are CFAs. It's more a money management certification.

Most position listings you'll see including CFA as a preferred credential include "or MBA", so really either is likely to do.

That said, I'd add two comments. The first is that an MBA is likely to have broader impact on your career in terms of upward mobility and professional contacts. You meet a lot of people during grad school, not so many doing a CFA.

Secondly, you may find that the CFA isn't really in demand for the positions you are considering. There aren't too many traders that are CFAs. It's more a money management certification.

One can argue that there are many Associate level programs that require an MBA but none in the IB world requires a CFA. CFA maybe limited to Asset Management (good money especially in portfolio management) but I can say for sure that there is an uptrend in the trading world. :rolleyes: