Margin Call - The Movie

blimey, you really need to get back in the modding chair, LM. I've ban the other one t2wfx as well

blimey, you really need to get back in the modding chair, LM. I've ban the other one t2wfx as well

i've given it up :D

and good riddence to t2wfx :clap:

you may wish to look at the following, they have the link in sig or body of their post.

b&c ;)

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/members/381892-hotlife.html

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/members/381538-dateapp.html

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/members/380822-okon.html

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/members/380798-canso.html

ok - since it's not easy to get to the link (and it just goes to a blank page for me) I guess it's not obvious to the casual observer. Nonetheless I've banc'd zutou's stuff - sorry I've been so slow

jon

You removed a 4 paragraph post I made on on the margin call thread that explained everything. (n)
It's not just a link.
No sense explaining it again.
IMO, you should get t2w techies to look at whats happening.

Peter

sorry, pete - i've been trying to get rid of them and the comments to them

sorry, pete - i've been trying to get rid of them and the comments to them

yes jon, fair enough, but as the post reports were in general seen to be ignored regarding these clowns, i resorted to highlighting their copy paste posts in thread, that the subsequent, albeit off topic discussions were related to their spam exposure, these posts could have been moved, deletion isn't the only option you have, as i alluded to earlier. though when pressed for time, i know it's easy option when post reports come in complaining of thread disruptions.

here's one thats still live http://www.trade2win.com/boards/members/380236-iware.html his sig link reads

Learn the answers to questions every trader needs to know. John Forman speaks to successful traders and market pros to get you honest and authoritative answers

but i upload an image of what it really says with the embedded spam

as pete has said, can a site tech take a look and see what what can be done to combat this spam, and perhaps explain to us what they are doing in detail please, thanks

Attachments

• embedded sig spam.JPG
    embedded sig spam.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
I bet this is not spam but a field test of new Chinese virus. Obviously it is not someth what a "site tech " can explain

An astute friend has just pointed out the obvious to me (which apparently was not so obvious to me!).... Simply removing all the offending members posts is not enough. Anyone who used the "reply" function where the original post is quoted will then also have copied the code to the new post.

Gets more devious as you dig deeper...

Peter

An astute friend has just pointed out the obvious to me (which apparently was not so obvious to me!).... Simply removing all the offending members posts is not enough. Anyone who used the "reply" function where the original post is quoted will then also have copied the code to the new post.

Peter

yes I know but that'd be a massive edit job

btw I've told admin LM and wacky are the boys to talk to if they don't get whats been going on:)

Not trying to have a dig at you, jon, honest, but if this stuff was taken care of when first reported it would't have ballooned up so bad.

Peter

yeah I know - my fault. I was zipping through the reports without looking too much I'm afraid and as the links are invisible to me I didn't see a particular prob. mea culpa my friend

Peter

as far as i can recall pete, it was really only zutou who had post links. the rest were, in the main, sig link delivered. this will not be tranfered in a quote, and as everyone ignored big zutes nonsensical postings, i think we're all safe there to some extent. but yes there maybe some post quotes from zute and others that need weeding out, thanks for pointing out that info.

a t2wfx quote http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...st-step-financial-freedom-14.html#post1013454 well yes that was quoted ok, but as it's in a post can be easily searched for and binned, we look to be fortunate in that clown wasn't overly quoted, hey why would anyone want to bother:LOL:

Last edited:
Thanks to all of you for highlighting this. As Jon has said we didn't really understand what was happening until you explained it. I use firefox which blocks this sort of thing but I have deleted all of offending posts as requested. I will bring it up with Paul and the tech team and let you know the outcome.

I did see the exchanges yesterday but was puzzled as to what you were referring to.

Paul

Paul,

A quick phone call or email exchange to Groupon and Amazon will be a big help. They have anti-spamming clauses in their TOS similar to most companies. It's just bad for their business. They will shut down offending accounts if you can offer some proof of what is happening and supply account names.

Peter

Pete,

Yes that is a good idea, I have taken similar action to a previous spammer and got their affiliate account closed as a result.

Paul

I use firefox which blocks this sort of thing but I have deleted all of offending posts as requested.

Paul

paul, maybe a lesson here is that perhaps moderators shouldn't be using browsers that block ads, for the simple reason that if you can't see ads, how on earth are you supposed to delete them :confused:

and regardless of whether ads could be seen or not, and they were very easy to see by link, though not the ad itself if on a wrong browser. i would have thought the 2/3 times daily onslaught of multiple copy/pasted posts should have at least got some alarm bells ringing? or is posting in such a way ok these days?

also i'd add that there are are still members with posts carrying this spam, i hope you were careful with any deletions, only for the fact that you need the posts to identify the spam in order to search for quotes and the other spammers, as pete advised. i think this mainly affected t2wfx and zutou, but there were the odd few that did both sig and post spam. so you'll have to be careful of that as well. good luck :)

ps and why was zutou left free to drop his spam this morning?

Attachments

• banned zute posting.JPG
    banned zute posting.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 205
Last edited: