LuxLux.com for real ??

BSD

Veteren member
Bored mindless today so having fun here at T2W or googling around, and found luxlux.com

????

They are selling a new GMT II for US$ 14,210.

1_big_116718k.jpg

That watch normally retails for 25K, and a normal discount would see you getting it for say 18K, but these guys are selling it new for 14 K ???

OK-OK I hear you say internet, fraud, etc, BUT, if one googles around there is absolutely no negative remark directed at them anywhere ?!?

And according to whois they've been around since 2001 ?!?

Whats going on here ?

Now we need a good detective I think.

Bored mindless today so having fun here at T2W or googling around, and found luxlux.com

????

They are selling a new GMT II for US$ 14,210.

1_big_116718k.jpg

That watch normally retails for 25K, and a normal discount would see you getting it for say 18K, but these guys are selling it new for 14 K ???

OK-OK I hear you say internet, fraud, etc, BUT, if one googles around there is absolutely no negative remark directed at them anywhere ?!?

And according to whois they've been around since 2001 ?!?

Whats going on here ?

Now we need a good detective I think.

:LOL: D'you reckon we could allow Spanish back in if he 'bought' us some? :LOL:

Dont forget to add the Customs rape duty when it arrives.....might not seem so cheap then.:eek:

Nice watch tho.

Ian, thats very true, many forget that, but it'd still be a very competitive price, thats just € 9K, plus around € 1700 customs here, trying very hard to find out if they are a con operation or for real, I mean that price is just
medium-smiley-089.gif
medium-smiley-089.gif
medium-smiley-089.gif

The by far cheapest I found in Germany is €11k worn, one year old...

Last edited:
Why is it so expensive ? Does it time the markets? :LOL:

Now, my £18 Casio .........

Reactions: BSD
No idea, didn't dare buy anything from em as it seemed a bit too good to be true, and you know what they say about that.

But there are so many legit deals around right now in real shops where you can check the wares before buying that there really isn't any need to buy anything off the web, UNLESS its someone who's been around for some years, and where there aren't any negative issues to be found in a google search.

So, no idea if they are or are not for real.

Caveat Emptor, as ever, I suppose.

Plus, even if a web merchant is for real, the watch might still have some faults that you would have seen if checking it out in real before buying, which you can't do when buying off the internet.

A lot of money to pay for a gaudy watch and a lot of money to part with to a website that doesn't have an address........

But if you bought me one I wouldn't complain :)

Reactions: BSD
Ad540.jpg

I hear you, I hear you, nice stuff :)

Thought someone said we get one for the first one thousand posts here, but might be that I misunderstood.

:D