Lower Futures Margin Requirements???

elsaQ

Hi

I'm currently with IB but want to move to a broker with much lower margin requirements as I find theirs WAY too high.

I've started shopping around and found Open E-Cry whose margin requirement is only $500 per lot which is less than half that of IB.

Anyway does anybody have info on these or other alternative brokers offering something similar?

BTW I know and accept that there is usually a trade off here with fees being higher at the same time but thats something that I'm prepared to accept, for now and within reason.

Any comments and feed back welcomed.

Happy trading to you all.

Elsa

elsaQ said:
Hi

I'm currently with IB but want to move to a broker with much lower margin requirements as I find theirs WAY too high.
Elsa
Then you are going to risk too high a %ge of your account per trade. High risk of blowing your acount if just a small handful of trades go the wrong way. If you have a consistantly profitable system then why not trade small and you will soon compound-up your account until you have a trade size that suits you?

Hello ElsaQ,

Global Futures provides margins for e-mini contracts as low as $500 a contract and we also have a special promotion to go as low as $300 per contact. Peto does have a great point however there is lot of risk with increased leverage especially with e-minis but these margins also provide great flexibility as well for your e-mini trading. If you are interested for more detailed information please email me at [email protected] and I will be glad to assist you.