maybe 13 is his age?

the words nail and head spring to mind. :p

but I will so miss the "advice" and abuse. :cry:

edit. Yes, sorry Sharky. End of.

All advice still welcome.

UTB

CONTEXT, CONTEXT, CONTEXT !

Thirteen,
your example merely shows that for small-range moves, SB is INAPPROPRIATE to use in the manner described.

Since you know that the spread, in your example is 6 points, you would seek out opportunities that exceed that, such as EOD or swing-trades.

You would not trade markets where the profit target was 6 points or less.

Your example is therefore misleading.

SB does work, as long as you use it appropriately, in the context of the instrument traded, the volatility of the instrument, the margin required, the risk of trade, potential reward.

what do you think of macolm robinson? he did a regular column on some UK site that I read a little while ago which I thought very good. The points and topics he raised were excactly those I was experiencing. Its good to hear of professionals who have lost large amounts of money while learning as its a reminder that everyone is human.

downside was that I kept on receieving unbelieveable deals for trading systems DVD's. Also, I think may name was being flogged to other people.

Is anyone else getting a headache reading all this? :)

To add my two-cents: At the beginning, I (myself) tried to make trading work and lost some good money in my attempt. Then one day I had a thought, "Doesn't it make sense to learn first-hand from someone who already trades for a good living"? It didn't take me long to find what I needed--an exceptional "mentor" that got me over the hump. The right mentor is worth his (or her) weight in gold.

In response to the original question: I am one of the (if you will) "scarce" 5% of all day traders who actually make significant money. If I do not have at least a $10,000 month I am reviewing what went wrong. I am ecstatic over my success and now trade (a significant amount of) money for other investors.

The only reason I bring this up (beside ego of course) is that you CAN, in fact, make money at this. I was not able to learn everything that I needed to learn to be profitable on my own; I had to face that fact. This is why anyone not yet profitable should get themselves a mentor immediately. After all, how many sessions with a mentor could you have bought with the net losses so far???

Just food for thought.

d- *I should listen to my own advice in regards to GOLF*