Looking for indices historical data

Hello,

May someone suggest a good datavendor for historical-indices-data-feed?

On the major European markets for istance, there are about 900 ETFs and ETCs listed tracking about 415 indices.

I think 415 indices is not an infinite universe... but it's quite hard to find a retail-datavendor which can provide a proper data-feed

on the Internet you may find many retail-data-vendors but usually...
* they provide an expensive real-time (I just need end-of-day) data-feed
** they provide a data-feed for the ALL UNIVERSE about stocks (which I don't need, as I'dlike to invest in ETFs or other index-instruments)
** they provide very few indices, they provide indices I don't need (because they are not a benchmark for any ETFs), they provide price-return time series (of course total-return would be the proper solution)

I heard about Reuters Data Link. They claim to provide historical Time Series for about 3000 indices but they don't tell anything about which indices and which data-types. May someone kindly tell me more?

In summary: is it possible to buy ETF-bencmark-time-series from someone even if I can't spend millions $ on a Bloomberg Workstation?

Thank you everybody for your patience:)

Well, I’m still finding my feet with this, so not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but I’m currently using ProRealTime for end of day and historical data…

You’ve got all the indices and markets you could possibly want…

The basic edition is also free… only downside to the basic version is that you’re restricted on your views, i.e. you can’t view the market down to the hour… if you go for the premium version then you get full functionality