Looking for a mentor

A legit mentor would probably not accept your offer. Find someone who's older than you, share a common interest with, and has been through it all. I bet they would be glad to share their knowledge with you. When money comes to the conversation probably 1-2% of profits would be better. Higher depending on how involved your mentor is.

Look, I just want to make money, I can get access to serious capital, but to get access to that capital I need to be profitable for at least 6 months. I just want to make serious money & not have to monkey about doing a regular job with a regular pay. For that I am ready to study 18/7, point is study what??? Can you post a profitable blotter for last 3 years? I can't, so I seek people that would be kind enough to teach me, because so far I wasn't able to find the way & believe me when I say - I spent thousands of hours reading & eye balling price action, lost money, made money. I am not new to this.

No disrespect intended. (y)

D70,
I actually agree with you completely, I wouldn't be trading today or writing this post even, but for the 1-2-1 coaching / mentoring that I've received. So I'm not 'boo-hooing mentors' at all, far from it. The catch 22 is that most wannabe traders don't know how to go about looking for a mentor and, intuitively, they go about it in the wrong way. Trading isn't like network marketing which works on the principle that what one person does (i.e. the mentor) can be taught and duplicated by others (i.e. the students). I'd be willing to bet that the successful traders you know who have been taught by someone else don't actually trade exactly like their tutor trades. There may well be similarities, basic style, strategy, timeframe, choice of indicators (or not) etc, but there will be many differences too.They are successful because they had the ability to align their own detailed goals as wannabe traders with a mentor who trades in a way that suits them and who would be able to help them to capitalize on the skills and talents they already had. Where there's a mismatch (and there nearly always is) then the student fails and blames the mentor. This is the norm and why T2W is littered with aspiring traders who cry foul because they're not millionaires after a few hours of coaching. I don't think piker should pay for a mentor, not because mentors are all snake oil salesman who can 'talk the talk but can't walk the walk' etc. but because he's not able to define what he needs from a mentor and spot that person when he sees him or her. Most people never get that far because they're too busy thinking about the $$$$$$$ they'll make the very next day after they finish the course. And, as we all know, that day very rarely ever arrives.
Tim.

I just want to make serious money & not have to monkey about doing a regular job with a regular pay.
Of course you do piker, you and all the other 90,000+ people on here. But, presumably, the membership and post count wouldn't keep rising if the answers to the problem were that straightforward. Alexander Elder in his book 'Come into my Trading Room' advises having a goal of braking even in your first year, equaling (or bettering) a basic building society interest rate in your second year (let's be generous here and say 5%) and twice that in your third year (10% or more). Can you handle that? If not, perhaps your ladder is leaning against the wrong wall and you'd be better off looking elsewhere to pursue your dream of 'serious money'?
Tim.

Reactions: D70
Hi Piker, I am still a newbie when it comes to trading but I made a comment in another thread yesterday that might help a little.
When I started trading I was in the same boat, I knew a lot of things about the markets but didn't have a solid plan as to how to put it all together.
In laymans terms I was suffering from information overload.
And really what helped me the most was something I learned here and through BabyPips.com which is to keep it simple.
If you're looking at a chart with 15 indicators on it and 7 MA's it is very easy to get conflicting views on where the market is headed.
If I may be so bold, may I suggest going back to basics?
Take a chart and find the time-frame that works for you, apply one or two indicators and just observe how they interact with eachother.
For instance I am using 2 moving averages and the a/d line and thats it.
If the trades go against you thats ok it will happen the thing to remember is that by practicing proper money management and following your own strategy with dicipline will allow you to have more losing trades than winners and still walk away with a profit.

Like others have suggested break your trading concerns down into individual questions and post them up here. If the good people here don't have the info you're looking for a mentor won't either.

Thank you Zombie. I am passed the point of looking at a fireworks chart, I have no opinion on markets because I am retail, I only use general direction of predominant trend & enter on pullbacks on lower time frame.

You are welcome to have a look & comment, current trades were posted pretty much in real time, so last 4 hour candle is where i entered

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/81682-swing-trades.html

Hi Piker, I am still a newbie when it comes to trading but I made a comment in another thread yesterday that might help a little.
When I started trading I was in the same boat, I knew a lot of things about the markets but didn't have a solid plan as to how to put it all together.
In laymans terms I was suffering from information overload.
And really what helped me the most was something I learned here and through BabyPips.com which is to keep it simple.
If you're looking at a chart with 15 indicators on it and 7 MA's it is very easy to get conflicting views on where the market is headed.
If I may be so bold, may I suggest going back to basics?
Take a chart and find the time-frame that works for you, apply one or two indicators and just observe how they interact with eachother.
For instance I am using 2 moving averages and the a/d line and thats it.
If the trades go against you thats ok it will happen the thing to remember is that by practicing proper money management and following your own strategy with dicipline will allow you to have more losing trades than winners and still walk away with a profit.

Like others have suggested break your trading concerns down into individual questions and post them up here. If the good people here don't have the info you're looking for a mentor won't either.