Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

20 day moving average trading range

Free Forex Historical Data: Forex Currency Pairs

Use the above website and download a couple of years worth of high/low and closing prices for eur/usd. Put into a spreadsheet, calculate daily trading range and then average over 20 or 10 or 30 days (depends on you). Dependent on your excel skills you should be able to test retracement probabilities and other juicy bits..

Have just gone short usdcad 0.9993 sl 1.0010, good call Flash, will look at my stop again. Reason 1hr/4hr Bear Butterfly and 30min Bear ww. Good luck, as your call first will not count for me I suppose, no probs if so :)

1st 3rd off at 0.9970 (+23) and break even

Thanks Knell(y) - I'll do that (I'm not sure about my excel abilities, but I'll try it - no harm in trying)
Also I wanted to ask you about gold - I've noticed you follow it. So if gold goes up would you see it as dollar's weakness and go long eur/usd, gbp/usd etc. end vice versa. Can you exploit that difference - dollar weakness coming after gold's strength (I always assumed that markets react almost simultaneously to each other nowadays?)

Gold strength for me indicates dollar weakness either due to "risk on" or concerns over future inflation pressures due to central banks printing money. Rather than say I will buy eur/usd when gold strengthens, I'd rather say I would be cautious buying euro if gold was not showing some strength, also if euro strengthens and gold stays flat I would be more comfortable shorting eur/usd.

Gold is my comfort blanket to help re-enforce where I feel I should be trading, works for me but may not for anyone else..

long eur/usd 1.3004 stop -7

blast 7x2 taken out ( deserve that ) impatience hard slap to me did not wait for signal to confirm --------- hope your short on eur works out now jules

Last edited:
short EU at 13000, top at 13040..

closing at 12993 for +7, I think there must be an option expiry today at 13000, not sure if that will expire 14:00 or 15:00 today, anyone know?

Will look to short at today's high again.

I don't know about it - sorry.

Just curious - does it mean that price has to hit 13000 if the thing is to expire at 13000?

at 15:00 (or 14:00 with time change), the price closes at 13000 (or very close to 13000)