Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Order on USDCAD:

Short: 1.02317
SL: 1.02650
TP:1.02010

I will confirm again on entry.

I was actually wanting to take a long only few hours ago so we`ll see If I end up whipsawing myself here.

BOC business `BS` @ 15:30 too.

Edit - Changing "long" to "short" = typo.

Last edited:
Tempted to say smthg rude but its not my thread and I have only recently joined in.

DG - its 4th time up to that level - are no. of touches of relevance to you or do you fade any strong level? Obv there's reasonable time / space from last touch which is favourable. Its not a setup I wld look for, but am intrigued in your logic behind it. G/l with it.

Have a gd w/e all.

just curious rsh...do you hold the view that resisitance/support fades over time? I've often wondered what other peoples views were on that. Or have i misunderstood?

just curious rsh...do you hold the view that resisitance/support fades over time? I've often wondered what other peoples views were on that. Or have i misunderstood?

Not really sure. S and R rarely go beyond 6 or 7 bounces. I certainly feel that the longer an area has been resistance then if broken the break will be more decisive and the closer together the better. I also look for a higher high as we approach resistance and a lower low as we approach support. That simple pattern is about as good as it gets. i wish I used it more often,but Im always looking fro a cheap entry from my T/Ls so as to reduce risk

These two charts hopefully show what I was talking about.

The first one shows my earlier trade taken from the blue rectangle after a pullback to the trendline.

The second one shows how I shorted from the rectangle only for there to be a higher low followed by a spike through the resistance. I took both trades on the thread, 1 winner,1 loser but ahead because the stops can be tight and the rewards good

Attachments

• 2012-07-10_0901.png
    2012-07-10_0901.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 2012-07-10_0902.png
    2012-07-10_0902.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 132

Hi splashy, you understood correctly. If touches are more recent - and more frequent of late, then it will def be of concern and I will be less inclined to fade. Similar to LF if there's HH and HLs up to that R level - forming a triangle then this wld suggest a breakout. (But it can BO lower also, and I will be aware and ready for eventuality also).

If there is a decent R level, with few prev touches and PA slowly gravitates towards it eg in staircase pattern then I again will be less inclined to fade - depending on few other factors. All of these though will be for H4/H1 setups - and will drill down to lower t/f for confirmation price is turning before jumping in.

I am itching myself but think its fleas coming from my second hand duvet :devilish:

lol. :)

This is why I place orders...

I had order at 79.465 but pulled it... then watched it because I thought I could get better price, then emotions kicked in deciding whether it would even go there at all even though I had pre defined stops and limits for r;r and risk profile...

Now I had worse price, less reward and more risk.... (still 1:1.5)

Swings and round abouts! lol

what your still camped out in the queue!!!!

:cheesy: YES Richy took one look at me and thought that ba-t-rd has not got the asking price for his state of the art scanner --( BTW) I think my pubics will be trailing along the cobbles of a london street before he has makes a live call .