Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Exit +1. Looking to re-enter.

Long EUR 1.25973 stop 10.

For the risk you initially took entering on the first trade for a cut early pip gain of +1 to then re-enter at a fractionally lower price, doesn't seem to me a logical risk management or approach; else surely you would have added to your position on confidence if that's how you trade?

Now would be a good time to regain focus by having a break. Chasing the market at this hour wont work especially on the back hand of losing trades. You could be creating a sense of false security and second guessing what works for you just because of a potentially irrational thought process.

Just giving you a friendly heads up that trading from now could be of detriment....

short ftse 5520 stop@ 27

oh dear stopped to the pip -7 be nice to see it fly now....there she goes

Last edited:
Hi...
Would you like to tell me. What is the initial process to make investment and what are the basic factors to make consider of them..

Thats a huge question and not really for this thread.Might be an idea to start a thread,but be more precise about what you want to know.good luck

short ftse 5512 stop @ 25

Stopped -13

Good morning Walter,

I'm interested in your 08:00 trade and your particular edge on this one. I've always found it verging on impossible to do well at this time of morning as the markets will usually be extremely volatile at this time and well within the 1st 30 mins, there's also no graph data to trade from, other than that of bookies prices - so all MA's and other data processing goes out the window. I've also experienced many trades simply being taken out as the market 'adjusts' to the buyers and sellers ensuring that most of the time my stops get taken out, whether the market continues in my favour or not.

I was wondering as you traded at this time if you had a different opinion or experience to mine?

cheers
Lee

orders.

Attachments

• gbpusd.gif
    gbpusd.gif
    46.7 KB · Views: 120
Good morning Walter,

I'm interested in your 08:00 trade and your particular edge on this one. I've always found it verging on impossible to do well at this time of morning as the markets will usually be extremely volatile at this time and well within the 1st 30 mins, there's also no graph data to trade from, other than that of bookies prices - so all MA's and other data processing goes out the window. I've also experienced many trades simply being taken out as the market 'adjusts' to the buyers and sellers ensuring that most of the time my stops get taken out, whether the market continues in my favour or not.

I was wondering as you traded at this time if you had a different opinion or experience to mine?

cheers
Lee

Hello Lee,
early stages I will continue for a few months and see how it works out, so far as you say the volatility smashes stops in seconds and other times I wait for a price and miss it by a point then watch it run 30 points without me within minutes. Possilby another one for the bin but we will see at least if I call them here you can all point and laugh at Walts wild punts.(n)

Hello Lee,
early stages I will continue for a few months and see how it works out, so far as you say the volatility smashes stops in seconds and other times I wait for a price and miss it by a point then watch it run 30 points without me within minutes. Possilby another one for the bin but we will see at least if I call them here you can all point and laugh at Walts wild punts.(n)

Fair play, make sure to take vigorous notes and factual information, like time in trade, length, day, news, entry, exit, position size, emotions etc...

Its about the learning curve... and it`s only steeper when a year from now you haven't taken extensive enough notes of how you`ve been trading to learn from, so in essence its like starting fresh because you have nothing to back up or tweak your strategy to verify if its a money maker or not... Just a lesson I learnt and why some people take a very long time to learn mistakes...

No one will point and laugh, just make sure they`re not punts but more so, a tried and tested theory :)

(y)

Hello Lee,

lol.

One to watch - AUD/USD

Approaching 50fib, S/R zone, Round Number. Will watch price action for conformation of a sell.

attachment.php

make sure to take vigorous notes and factual information, like time in trade, length, day, news, entry, exit, position size, emotions etc...

(y)

Absolutely, the first time I blew my account (and went broke) I had no idea overall what trades I had taken or any of the above (mug). The second time at least I had a record of what had happened.