Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

if a manipulation play was to be made here on the ES they would need to make it prior to the 1.30pm london data, lets see how it pans out.

i got short at 96, I am using my free £50 birthday present from capital spreads, spread is 0.4 point on S&P lol.

filled at 95.9 at the bucketshop

Last edited:
pah! I got out at 1.30 and 18 seconds into the data at 95.3 at the bucket shop. as if by magic price took out the stops at 94-94.5. would expect it to shake out people playing the breakout now and then resume it daily business.

Good morning traders. It looks like my top call is coming to fruition with the S&P currently down 0.47%. For more downside pressure to come in to this market we need to take out the $139.65 level on the SPY.

@ChocololateDigestive

I would read it a bit differently. The key level on ES that has been defended outside RTH is around 92 (for the last 4 days). Prior to the news at 1.30pm though you can see it pinged 94.75 twice, probably giving people a view that going long here might be a good idea and placing stops beneath this. Then when the news came out, price got pushed down, those short for the news move covered (the little flurry up) and those who wanted price to be on top of 92 for the open continued triggering the stops of the longs. Then RTH open came and it was using opening pressure to see if 92 is still being defended by the buyers which as we can currently see, it isn't.

80-84 area is now going to get tested - this looks like the bottom of the trading range ES may be in.

@ChocololateDigestive

I would read it a bit differently. The key level on ES that has been defended outside RTH is around 92 (for the last 4 days). Prior to the news at 1.30pm though you can see it pinged 94.75 twice, probably giving people a view that going long here might be a good idea and placing stops beneath this. Then when the news came out, price got pushed down, those short for the news move covered (the little flurry up) and those who wanted price to be on top of 92 for the open continued triggering the stops of the longs. Then RTH open came and it was using opening pressure to see if 92 is still being defended by the buyers which as we can currently see, it isn't.

80-84 area is now going to get tested - this looks like the bottom of the trading range ES may be in.

i just look for spots in a market where I think the price is being manipulated I await for the manipulation to be confirmed, i then trade with the people manipulating (whoever they are). You will see the last my last 3 live calls on this thread were all winners. news is used to cover a multitude of sins. anything can be explained by 'news'.

I am not qualified to comment on your observations around 92 level as I don't watch the ES in this way. What you are saying seems perfectly plausible, as long as you have your edge that good enough for me.

plenty of ways to skin a cat. good luck mate.

SPY is at the lows of the day. It looks like the $139.65 level isn't going to hold. It'd be interesting to see if the QQQ can break $67.55. Be careful out there.

This trade was taken 1.52 am Thursday.
nzd/usd sell @ 0.8180 stop 0.8264 this is a long term trade anything from 1day to possibly a week.

As it has now gone 50+ pips my rules dictate that I move my stop to 0.8179 so what ever happens I have guaranteed myself a 1 pip profit.

Excuse me asking but what are the give-away signs that it is happening ?

take a look at the last 3 trades I have called on this thread earlier in the week. these are good examples.

I also learnt a lot from this book Beat The Forex Dealer

there is some bo77ox in it but the general knowledge in there is good, it helps open up your mind to what is going on at a deeper level.

Attachments

• Aud - Usd.PNG
    Aud - Usd.PNG
    108.5 KB · Views: 109
Why indeed. I thought it might go on a bit lower. Sold at A

trading FX is tough with tight stops. I have never managed to get on with indicators, I know some people can make them work but I never could so I ditched them. I am more concerned with who is moving the market these days. I just cant see someone in the pit putting a line out because the MacD got oversold. I do believe TA can work for some but I cant make it work for me. I am far to sceptical.

funny old game aint it saint.

today's eurusd 15m chart. Consolidation day. The good news is we should get a breakout 1 way or the other at some point in time. I have no bias in either direction at the moment.

Peter

Attachments

• eurusd10.gif
    eurusd10.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 101