Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

My gbp/aud looks like the perfect trade in hindsight. I sold at 1.5022, right at the top and its fallen over 100 pips so far. Sadly It came back and stopped my first trade.
I did have another but for smaller stakes.Im showing it to show how good the r/r can be sometimes if traded right. one good winner can take out 4 losers from such a simple method. It didnt do this for me as I moved my stop back to entry only for it to take it and P*ss off again. Just shows how accurate you can be and still not get the returns. Very frustrating when that happens

Same thing happened to me yesterday on audusd. Moved stop to b/e when i thought i was clear, got stopped out for sake of 0.4 pip and then it turned again and fell 50 pips. My target was about 30 i think.
I guess good money management is an art not a science and it costs money sometimes.
In fact, i'm getting angry just thinking about it again :mad:. Where's the cat...

university's have been dumbed down, people have got degrees in tourism and other nonsense not worth racking up debt for. if my son wants to study a nonsense subject I will advise him not to go to uni. degree in tourism I mean please. :LOL:

Tell em about it,they get a silly degree and then can do a one year teacher training course and get a good teaching job. My wife was a nursery manager for 17 years and then the labour government said you had to be fully qualified to be in that position,my wife didnt have a degree,so had to be made redundant. Sometimes clouds have a silver lining.We now run an after school club at the same school which is going very well

Same thing happened to me yesterday on audusd. Moved stop to b/e when i thought i was clear, got stopped out for sake of 0.4 pip and then it turned again and fell 50 pips. My target was about 30 i think.
I guess good money management is an art not a science and it costs money sometimes.
In fact, i'm getting angry just thinking about it again :mad:. Where's the cat...

Its best to remember the times when it missed taking my stop by a pip and then goes our way. In the last few weeks Ive had a few of those,we only seem to remember that which hurts.

Having said that, if having the stop at b/e is the optimum place to put the stop, it is usually conicidence unless the entry was perfect. The stop should really go in the best place, regardless of your entry. A b/e stop is a psychological crutch because we want to preseve capital and not necessarily the best place to allow a trade to develop. :)

Its best to remember the times when it missed taking my stop by a pip and then goes our way. In the last few weeks Ive had a few of those,we only seem to remember that which hurts.

We also forget the times when our b/e stop is taken out and then the price carries on and takes out what would have been our orignal stop of -20 or whatever. We congratulate ourselves on those and then forget. Good money management pays over the long run but not necessarily the short term.:D

taking a flyer with euro/cad trade,if this line breaks we could see a big spike up

have set to take 1/2 off at +20.small stakes as we could easily see a fall before any break and the movem,ent could be sharp and profitable if break goes my way.Good r/r here. Catch you guys in a few hours

Attachments

• 2012-03-15_1446.png
    2012-03-15_1446.png
    81 KB · Views: 116
aggressive buyers came in to stop it dropping below 1.5660. would still be interested in shorting below 1.5660 but for now buyers are in control.

university's have been dumbed down, people have got degrees in tourism and other nonsense not worth racking up debt for. if my son wants to study a nonsense subject I will advise him not to go to uni. degree in tourism I mean please. :LOL:

Yep. I'm starting to think the system's gotten bloated and doesn't deliver on its promise anymore.

Can't complain too much since fees are (relatively) low here, but I learned zip so far in Uni. When I get my paper later this year I surmise its value will be close to zero. Sounds like fun, eh? Nothing but a waste of time and money is what it is, but you need that degree because credentials somehow mean something. :)

Just reached a falling trendline.
Should be good for at least a few pips but i intend to scale in my position every 20 pips

Attachments

• Spot FX EUR_USD (DFB).png
    Spot FX EUR_USD (DFB).png
    14.8 KB · Views: 122