Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

I entered eur/chf trade without paying too much attention to news that is due out tomorrow.Theres no point in getting out of the trade but my concern is that whatever happens I may get spiked out, my stop is 12 pips away, just have to hope I get some sort of movement before the news is released

True but even after years of hard work,most fail,hope you dont, your method looks simple enough. are you now profitable and for how long,thanks

Still in ec trade,sould be a long wait

I do O K .I am profitable , but I can't trade full time , so I tend to miss the big profitable days when I have other things to do.It is difficult to be profitable , if you don't trade on the big winning days.

here is an example of a profitable day with almost 350 pips , but if traded all day 500 pips.27 trades during the day.

Attachments

• 320.jpg
    320.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 162
I do O K .I am profitable , but I can't trade full time , so I tend to miss the big profitable days when I have other things to do.It is difficult to be profitable , if you don't trade on the big winning days.

here is an example of a profitable day with almost 350 pips , but if traded all day 500 pips.27 trades during the day.

wow, i thought you was a 2 or 3 a day man, 500 pips,never seen anyone get that from 27 trades in a day, over 20 pips per trade and using only two pairs

Last edited:
Picked up COP today inside trading range and bouncing back up. Feb.18 expiration, 72.50 strike, 10 contracts @ $0.22. Target of $74-$75.

short eur/jpy at 100.51 sl 100.75

found something at last. T/L pullback

taken +10 and +1, have taken of as still got one euro trade on.
The eur/chf trade has been in a 10 pip range since early am. There will be news out tomorrow which will drive the price. Could be a substantial move so will leave on as same reasons for entering apply

I think I'm going to give AUD/USD and EUR/JPY a shot in evenings. It can't compensate for missing the first couple hours of EUR/USD, but it sure makes it easier to get up!

Anyway, A/U seems to like bouncing around a lot, whereas E/J is almost... serene. Very trendy. There was a breakout play there at 100.6, but there was barely any resistance. You wouldn't see that on the E/U!

Might play a practice trade or two. Need to get used to these. I've been spoiled by E/U's 1.2 pip spread, lol.

-----

Aside from that, Flash, I've been meaning to ask: why do you take one lot off when a certain pip profit is reached? I'd think you would get more if staying in with the two lots?

Stop to B/E.

Normally I would have put it to +1 or +2, but this ****ty spread makes it hard to gauge distances.

Stopped out B/E. My assumption was a trading range that would go up to 100.7, but it seems this is a reversal of trend instead.

Oh my.

Short E/J 100.57.

Stop is -5 instead of the usual -10 because of the range. TP is probably 10, but we'll see.

Crap, -5. totally misread that one. Breakouts going short aren't something I'm used to, lol. A better entry here would have been my exit point, probably.

You need to get used to the slower pace during this session. Also, be aware of news events. aud interest rate data is out @ 10:30pm EST. Should be movement then.

Peter

Thanks for the advice, Pete. I think I'm way too used to how E/U moves. Might take a while to unwind the habit.

Ok, taking a look at the AUD now since there's that news item.