Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Aww crap, I missed out on a 50 pip move because I had to go and take a shower + make lunch.

That's it, no more eating, bathroom breaks, or showers. They take me away from trading. :LOL:

a clear lesson in how to be spot on and still not make much.Should have had a shed load today,oh well must be happy with week so far.

Attachments

• 2012-01-31_1545.png
    2012-01-31_1545.png
    84 KB · Views: 128
time to clutch at straws!

hard to still call for 1.34 when ive been having my **** handed to me since sunday, but this doesnt really look like a bears wet dream to me....and you can almost hear the shorts from higher up out spending their unrelaized profits. if we dont start wrecking some buy stops im gona start bleeding out my ears.

price action from last few days (down during eur session up during asian) makes me think some big asians name are covering shorts, lets see what happens tonight

Attachments

• eur.jpg
    eur.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 116
well the other day you posted saying the same thing and we are in an up trend and i should go to spec savers. now im looking to go higher, i again cant see the trend according to you, even though we are basically range bound.

you sir, are an idiot.

for what its worth I think you may get a rise in euro tomorrow early on, who knows after that. I have charts for usd/chf sell off from .9220 and others in correlation.Long term I have euro for a massive rise but we may yet see 1.2500 in the near term

for what its worth I think you may get a rise in euro tomorrow early on, who knows after that. I have charts for usd/chf sell off from .9220 and others in correlation.Long term I have euro for a massive rise but we may yet see 1.2500 in the near term

For what it's worth, note the timing of the euro drop(dollar climb which ever way you want to read it). What is worth noting here is that it is end of month and was just before the 3.00 pm london(new York fix). Once it got the momentum it was a case of every man and his dog jumping on that gravy train, taking all the weak longs with it,hence the sharpness of the fall. As has been mentioned, it is still within range and we do have highly important economic data still to come later on in the week. As has been highlighted by the FOMC, they expect unemployment to rise and QE3 is not far off the agenda either. Expect a roller coaster ride to the start of February....

For what it's worth, note the timing of the euro drop(dollar climb which ever way you want to read it). What is worth noting here is that it is end of month and was just before the 3.00 pm london(new York fix). Once it got the momentum it was a case of every man and his dog jumping on that gravy train, taking all the weak longs with it,hence the sharpness of the fall. As has been mentioned, it is still within range and we do have highly important economic data still to come later on in the week. As has been highlighted by the FOMC, they expect unemployment to rise and QE3 is not far off the agenda either. Expect a roller coaster ride to the start of February....

very interesting,what way do you think?

very interesting,what way do you think?

The fact that we were near yesterday's highs today is worth noting I think(1.3213). As we saw many times last year,there were many false dawns and breaks when the range for most of the year was 1.4000/1.4500. From a fundamentals perspective it is starting to become obvious that although the euro has its problems, there are still plenty of takers at these levels. As always it is a question of timing and how deep your pockets are. Retail in the main is positioned for a drop, which makes me believe that a move the other way will be all the more aggressive. We saw this the first time round last year when the world and his wife was calling for a drop below 1.3000. We saw the opposite and it reached 1.4247(and you noted at the time strong technical resistance!!!) and then the drop came... I think for the time being we will be within range capped by the yearly high and low....when one does break,it will be interesting to see how far it goes either way!!

aud data up shortly. audusd has fallen about 30 in the past hour. I'll be looking to buy, depending on the data and movement, in the highlighted support zone 1.0585-95.

Peter

Attachments

• audusd03.gif
    audusd03.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 130