Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

still think eur's heading for 1.34..still holding long although i shouldn't be because i hung on waaay longer than i should of..wreckless

Miggy

any thoughts on jpy intervention,we are at very low levels again

Hi mate.....

I wouldn't discount any form of intervention but think with so much data due out this week,they would be foolish to do so. They now have to look at two fronts as Euro levels are near historic lows also. From what I gather, exporters have set their level on that at 105.00 so we are trading well below that. The fact that the last two interventions have only halted the stem of the tide rather than change the direction will be a worry to them. Lest not forget that the closer jpy gets to pre intervention levels, the more nervous the market will become... Personally think that we could see a test of the historic low against the dollar, bottom line being that the BOJ is only adding fuel to the fire.

5m chart

Attachments

• eurjpy09.gif
    eurjpy09.gif
    21.7 KB · Views: 104
ej has been in a downtrend all day. Entry was about 38 pips off of today's low. Nice pullback. Looking for the trend to continue through the Asian session.

Peter

exit at BE on long green candle.
I blew this trade. Should have had 10-12 pips but waited.

Attachments

• eurjpy10.gif
    eurjpy10.gif
    26.8 KB · Views: 79
I normally would exit a 1/2 position but since I entered only a 1/2 position I waited when I should have exited the full position. Poor trade management on my part. The price movement was there.

On the bright side, still no losses today!

Peter

Last edited:
Possible scenario:
If I can get the stop to be I might leave this trade open overnight and set a target at 100.10.
Let's see how it plays out.

exit 100.510 -4.9 on a 1/2 position
Clearly we are not in a downtrend in this session - about 52 pips from the low.

Good morning all

Expect usual end of month madness!!!! From what I hear some interest to sell dollars against CAD and GBP will emerge and let us not forget the BUBA in eurgbp...good luck all

I just think this line may not hold, so for a few pips its worth it

Attachments

• 2012-01-31_0749.png
    2012-01-31_0749.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 105