Attachments

• 2011-12-06_1725.png
    2011-12-06_1725.png
    71 KB · Views: 157
  • 2011-12-06_1727.png
    2011-12-06_1727.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 143
nice "wedgie" in the eurusd.
Looking for a breakout, but volume is low so treading carefully.

Attachments

• eurusd041.bmp
    1.7 MB · Views: 122
see my chart above. Price is breaking through the lower line, stop just above the upper line. target about 12-15 pips but volume still low so i'l have a quick trigger finger if it starts popping higher.

Peter

Surely worth targeting for more than 15 pips?? How far to the yellow line on the downside?

exit 1/2 @ 1.33858 +4.7
moving stop to 1.33925
Small risk. Never hit the +10 mark for me but here's not much momentum downward so no sense waiting for a big loss. Just keep enough room to move a bit in case it wants to drop further.

Peter

Surely worth targeting for more than 15 pips?? How far to the yellow line on the downside?

agree, might be good for 25 pips to the lower line. But that's not my style. I just take short, quick trades, small losses. I don't have a strict time limit on trades but when I feel nothing is happening after a while I usually get out. Most entries are on movement so then any lack of movement invalidates a parameter of entry.

It's just my style, that's all.

Peter

ok cool that makes sense. agreed with the getting out of a trade if there is low volume and the market isn't going anywhere

stopped out 2nd half, -2.0

Disappointed on the trade. I only picked up just over a pip between the 2 halves. Overall today, another decent day though, so no complaints.

Holiday season is kicking in. Volume and volatility for the rest of the year is not likely to improve much except sporadically.

Peter

eur popped and is now dropping on some late ecu/euro news. Tempted to short but it's late in the day and I don't want to risk any profits already banked today.

Peter

Bit of bad luck there. Still looks good for a short tomorrow.
How many instruments do you trade at once? I used to try forex, stocks, and ES all in the same day, but I found myself missing trades while looking at other markets and just fumbling around without a plan :LOL:

Peter

Cheers for the thread guys thanks for sharing keep it up enjoying the live calls and charts.

This is what these forums should be about.