Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

I know you guys have all got your pet systems but I have a cunning plan. By using the principles of the weighted average we could probably raise our success rates.
Anyone interested ?

Looks like that one is a non starter

:-0

please dont call trades like this,thanks

I am guessing the objection from you with this spread trade is that there is no stop quoted. See attached the screenshot of the trade I made and note I have since added another layer. The trade is currently -17 points (-£17 at £1 per point) underwater.

The spread entries and stops are dynamic and volatility based. I enter a mean reverting trade based on a 2SDs volatility band breach, the stop in terms of the net spread is dynamic and based on a volatility band with 4SDs. The profit target is typically a touch of the opposite 2SDs volatility band. I will enter up to 3 layers on a discretionary basis. The stops on the outright positions are set to 500 points however the trade is managed as a spread position.

If you dont want me to post any spread trades that's cool after all the upside it limited lol I will happily sling my hook.

Good trading to you.

Attachments

• screenshot2.png
    screenshot2.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 100
  • screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 89
I am guessing the objection from you with this spread trade is that there is no stop quoted. See attached the screenshot of the trade I made and note I have since added another layer. The trade is currently -17 points (-£17 at £1 per point) underwater.

The spread entries and stops are dynamic and volatility based. I enter a mean reverting trade based on a 2SDs volatility band breach, the stop in terms of the net spread is dynamic and based on a volatility band with 4SDs. The profit target is typically a touch of the opposite 2SDs volatility band. I will enter up to 3 layers on a discretionary basis. The stops on the outright positions are set to 500 points however the trade is managed as a spread position.

If you dont want me to post any spread trades that's cool after all the upside it limited lol I will happily sling my hook.

Good trading to you.

Its not a case of slinging your hook:) The thread has been set up in a certain way for very good reasons and its best we dont deviate from this. All trades must be called as they are taken and the price posted along with a stop. For many its not convenient to do this and thats understandable. if we dont stick to the rules then gradually it becomes weaker and weaker, I'm sure you understand. Good luck

you need to explain what you mean.

Well ok nothing ground breaking but you know in this business one has good and bad patches and 2 heads are sometimes better than one ?

As is someone makes the call. What if others were encouraged to comment on the call ? OK they may have a totally different forecast or maybe not. Perhaps they may give an opinion why.
Annoying when others disagree but that's a good way to learn and the proof of the pudding will unfold before our very eyes.

You are the OP of this thread and therefore have the say so.

yea or nay ?

Well ok nothing ground breaking but you know in this business one has good and bad patches and 2 heads are sometimes better than one ?

As is someone makes the call. What if others were encouraged to comment on the call ? OK they may have a totally different forecast or maybe not. Perhaps they may give an opinion why.
Annoying when others disagree but that's a good way to learn and the proof of the pudding will unfold before our very eyes.

You are the OP of this thread and therefore have the say so.

yea or nay ?

That's a no I guess.
Think you might be missing something here Flash , but no probs