Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

If im shorting NZDUSD it`ll be higher up if anything at all. Watching DAX and SP-500 for confluence.

UPDATE: Meant to write NASDAQ (PM session) not Dax. SP-500 follows NASDAQ so just coincides...

Last edited:
USDCAD seeing it hopefully bounce and hold 0.98907 area (ish) to then return up! Hopefully it`ll be a spike fake move of broken support to rebound hard north.

eur fallen to line in chart
cad trade looking pear shaped
eg looking good

Attachments

• 2012-08-15_1457.png
    2012-08-15_1457.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 104
eur fallen to line in chart
cad trade looking pear shaped
eg looking good

Out of interest is there a specific way you draw your Tl`s?

Only reason I ask is because I cant figure it out? I draw them precisely on H1 to the wick and dont pay any attention to any "breaks" unless its a retest with a distance because too many times wicks break the TL and doesn't mean jack (from my perspective!).

Just wondering thats all. :) Chart shown what I see. Only marginally different.

Attachments

• eurusd.gif
    eurusd.gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 98
Out of interest is there a specific way you draw your Tl`s?

Only reason I ask is because I cant figure it out? I draw them precisely on H1 to the wick and dont pay any attention to any "breaks" unless its a retest with a distance because too many times wicks break the TL and doesn't mean jack (from my perspective!).

Just wondering thats all. :) Chart shown what I see. Only marginally different.

i wish I could answer that,but its all subjective and I guess the best comes with experience. My eg has worked out perfectly and yet cad not so well. what I will say is that I much prefer pullbacks as most of my charts show. also yet again my long is looking week. 80% of my trades are short,maybe lines work better that way or maybe I am just better with shorts. A stop of 40 pips will normally cover the wick and the stem. Sorry I cant be more precise

Experimental trade (based on daily charts):
Sell order S&P 500 @ 1,400.55
Stop @ 1,406.45
Target 1 @ 1,397
Target 2 @ 1,395

If it's not triggered tomorrow, I will cancel it.

Sorry, I forgot to mention this was good for prices after 14:30 - based on real market cash prices, not the bucket shop prices. So this is valid only between 14:30 and 20:15 (not triggered as yet)

PS Just checked one of the bucket shops - the lowest price was 1399.78 at 9:00am (4:00am ET when the market is fast asleep lol) So if I left the order opened before 14:30, they would have already put me in the trade with out of hours spread although the real price never went there (now 16:55)

Last edited:
i wish I could answer that,but its all subjective..

Yeah I get it.

I prefer shorts too :confused: (as it stands 73% of my trades are shorts!)

I think personally all I can see is I have a bias toward short positions or see them better? God knows!

Back to that $CAD - seems ok to me for now. No real threat until it reaches 0.98907 area and then it should be clearer as I am wanting it to be bullish of course :)

Different charting packages = different prices and covering times

One of them miraculously provides prices even when the real market is closed and on daily charts has 6 candles per week (for the market that is open only 5 days a week)

Attachments

• real.JPG
    real.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 89
  • imagin.png
    imagin.png
    211.5 KB · Views: 106
On a side note;

Does anyone know where I can get an EA or script which allows me to automatically close out a specific lot value from an open position at a predefined price, whether that be taking profits or cutting losses. (obviously in MT4)

Sorry for going off topic here but i`ve looked pretty hard all over the place and some are ridiculously complicated. Would be very appreciative if anyone knew and inboxed me! :)