Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Good eve gents, ladies, and 'bots.

On for some Eur/Jpy action, though with this spread (like 3 or something) there ain't much to be done, I fear.

we missed the move in audusd. No rhyme or reason at all this week. Check out the 5m eurusd chart today. It's all over the place, very ugly looking.

Peter

RBA Policy statement @ 7:30. I'm not expecting too much though, it's Friday in Asia.
Chinese Trade balance out tonight - no time listed.

Peter

we missed the move in audusd. No rhyme or reason at all this week. Check out the 5m eurusd chart today. It's all over the place, very ugly looking.

Peter

Wow, trading ranges all over the place.

Hmm... I think the afternoon (US session) looks real ugly, but the morning has a couple tradeable things in there (for me, at least).

And yippee, Eur/Jpy going good. Dunno how high it can go, though. Almost +10 already.

Yeah, that wasn't anything like that monster the other day. 70 pips in 10s. You'd need balls of steel to hold through that.

4.9 spread here

Spreads on Oanda widen a ton during the big news items, though it seems to be market-specific.

Most I've seen on Eur/Usd is maybe 10, but they put 20 on AUD.

It goes back to normal fairly quickly, though. They must really rake in the $$$ if anyone's putting on trades then.

What they are trying to do is discourage people from scalping off the news. That's a very wide spread though.

Peter

Eh? Why would they do that?

I see what you mean, though. Such big moves can be free lunch if you're quick on the trigger. But shouldn't that simply be fair game?

Yeah, that wasn't anything like that monster the other day. 70 pips in 10s. You'd need balls of steel to hold through that.

That's why I don't take positions before the news. Just wait and watch the action. I have a plan ahead of time depending on which way the price moves.

Peter