LIVE FOREX TRADES - Marwans Trading Journal

I hope yesterdays hiccup in your trading hasn't knocked you too much marwan.

you may not get your 1,000 in one week, but even half that would be an excellent return.

concentrate less on your self-imposed high targets, and more on what the market is offering to you.

nope it has not, yep do challenge myself as it motivates me, but then i tend to let go and let the law of universe give me! :)

Joys of the trader! - got a big smile on my face!
as soon as you close it goes further down! could have got my 100 pips
but not to worry

I will be a tortoise! small steps.

Ok as agreed herewith the chart of one of the besttrades i did today. also as u can c i posted the trade live within a minute of taking the trade!
Simple stuff - nothing rocket science on my charts

hope it helps

soz had probs withteh chart upload
attached now

Attachments

• GY.gif
    GY.gif
    81.5 KB · Views: 333
packing up now, letting teh position on gy run, nicely in profit and has broken the 200 am on 1 min, also 4h has done a double top. this cud be a killer trade

I have been asked which broker i use?

SAXO
I G Index
and Alpari

but maj of my trades are with I G. Use Saxo for options and alpari micro to try out new strategies!

WELL DONE!!! - very motivating and inspiring thread!
You have shown it can be done!

packing up now, letting teh position on gy run, nicely in profit and has broken the 200 am on 1 min, also 4h has done a double top. this cud be a killer trade

I think this is a good place to ask? (& are you running this with a big trailing stop?)

You seem to make judgement calls with regards to profit taking, have you tried using "appropriately" placed stops instead. I am beginning to let most positions be stopped out as in my opinion the market is difficult to judge and most movement at this point (this point being when you are wanting to take the profit) is more random than on entry.
I would be interested in your opinion as we trade in pretty much the same way.

I think this is a good place to ask? (& are you running this with a big trailing stop?)

You seem to make judgement calls with regards to profit taking, have you tried using "appropriately" placed stops instead. I am beginning to let most positions be stopped out as in my opinion the market is difficult to judge and most movement at this point (this point being when you are wanting to take the profit) is more random than on entry.
I would be interested in your opinion as we trade in pretty much the same way.

Hi, very few of my positions get stopped out. The only time it does is when i try and do different to what the market is doing. My stops are always away from major support/resistance, but yes if i have to leave the position open when i am away then yes a trailing stop is placed.

Markets are not difficult to judge, in fact it should be EASY - very easy. The fisrt thing I have been taught is that a.) Forex trends very well, so follow the trend. b.) There are many many false breakouts in forex so do not chase the market on breakout. When there is breakout then wait for a confirmation.

What trading system do you have? feel free to attach it and i will be happy to comment.

I use simple stuff, love divergence and follow the 200 ema - This is the king!

I am hoping to bank big pips on this trade short GY, currently 50+ pips in profit
Yes as it is GY which can have big movements, so I have a large trailing stop, and will review it on an ongoing basis.

I now have closed Half the position, so if i get stopped out i will not have lost

Marwan intresting thread what methods, technique or principles are you following or you just very experinced in the market? Could you kindly provide a little more information on your next trade such as how many pips you looking to make where will you be applying a stop if one. Do you follow every movements of each trade ?

Hope I'm not asking for much.

GY long 14785

+67 pips banked
feels nice! this I did @ £100 per point and that is £6700 banked!
yesterdays trades gave me confidence so now i will slowly increase my trade size
and also start reducing the number of trades

Its been a long way, from 50p and gradually increasing......................
had to go back to basics!

Trading is all to do with confidence!