Live & Die by the sword....

margin for 8 positions.. 6 and the 2

i suppose if if were to ever get a margin call for each. i would close the trade in profit to fund the margin on the other, then dig out the scrap of paper and manage them that way.

i trade in such small sizes anyway that it would take a fair old run to wipe me out.. ie several thousand points...and that is without closing the corresponding winner...

good question though.

fc

short daily cash at 4891

Current Positions

Long: 3@ 4893 average
Short: 1@4891

Closed profit: (66) :(
Open Profit: 10 :)

still biased to the north side...

recovered nicely after being 300pts underwater at one point..

long futures @4893

Current Positions

Long: 4@ 4893 average
Short: 1@4891

Closed profit: (66) :(
Open Profit: 8 :)

sharp reversal today, some 30 points.. could have bailed out of the short, but a system is a system..

fc

Can't see what you are doing here, although you did say at the beginning that you were doing it for yourself.
It's very difficult for me to check up on you, because I do not see any times in your posts, so we have to take your word for it and I do not use your June futures.

Anyway, have a good time!

Split

Splitlink said:
It's very difficult for me to check up on you, because I do not see any times in your posts, so we have to take your word for it and I do not use your June futures.

Anyway, have a good time!

Split

Split,

I believe FC uses EOD. So even if you dont use June futures, you can get a ball-park idea by checking the closing price.

quick update.. not online much this fortnight..

long june futures 4886..

longs: 5@ 4891
shorts 1@ 4891

closed profit: (66)
open profit : (31)

time will tell..

back later..

fc

again not around much this week

closed longs @ 4900 for +45. took a short on the cash @ 4894

longs: 0
shorts 2@ 4893

closed profit: (21)
open profit : (12)

finally starting to claw things back to parity....and hopefully beyond..

still got plenty of time to hit +600 by end of june though..

wouldnt mind a bit of a sell-off now though :)

good trading all,

FC

if only i had held my longs one more day....

short on the cash @ 4953

shorts 3@ 4913

open profit : (117)

hmm, was looking so promising for a while..

still, onwards and upwards..

fc

short on the cash @ 4969

shorts 4@ 4926

open profit : (172)

looks like its setting up for a big drop, nice to be able to add at what looks like a short term top.

FC

short on the cash @ 4970

shorts 5@ 4935

open profit : (195)

hmm, still not falling, its only a matter of time though..

must.....stick...too..the....system...

arghhh

FC

Puzzled as well

FetteredChinos said:
short on the cash @ 4970

shorts 5@ 4935

open profit : (195)

hmm, still not falling, its only a matter of time though..

must.....stick...too..the....system...

arghhh

FC

----------------------------------------------

I felt the same as you about this, and sat wondering whether to go in short at 4980 but there was so little price variation I backed off thinking there might be a few more points to go, now wondering if I am going to regret it Monday.

On my 30 minute chart there is a potential high of 4993, but right now I am not sure if the market truly turned at 4980 or whether it has one last burst in it to reach the 4990 region before finally heading down.

Steve

I shorted at 4871 but got stopped. Being Friday, I didn't try any more. At least, I'm glad to not be alone in the shorting opinion.

Split

evening all, just popping in to place today's trades...hope you are all well. this bad boy is still teetering on the edge again.. 10,500 resistance on the dow should cause at least some degree of retrace in the european indices.. FTSE is primed for a fall IMHO

short on the cash @ 4987

either its letting me load up before it bombs downwards, or it is going to go for a bit of an exhaustion spike above 5000 tomorrow...

shorts 6@ 4944 :eek:

open profit : (270)

CIMA finals start tomorrow. lots of fun and games to be had by all. i wont be happy if there arent fireworks tomorrow lol..

good trading all..

FC

FetteredChinos said:
evening all, just popping in to place today's trades...hope you are all well. this bad boy is still teetering on the edge again.. 10,500 resistance on the dow should cause at least some degree of retrace in the european indices.. FTSE is primed for a fall IMHO

short on the cash @ 4987

either its letting me load up before it bombs downwards, or it is going to go for a bit of an exhaustion spike above 5000 tomorrow...

open profit : (270)

CIMA finals start tomorrow. lots of fun and games to be had by all. i wont be happy if there arent fireworks tomorrow lol..

good trading all..

FC

Fetteredchinos (ACMA) - has a certain ring to it, yes.

Best of luck, did mine several years ago (when the exams were really hard :LOL: )

lol thanks mofo.. dont worry, i will complain about the exams being too easy in a few years time lol :)

see you all on the other side.

FC

well that was a comedy exam this morning.. not good at all. could well be a resist. ah, balls..

hmm, crap day on the FTSE today too, was expecting it to sell off a good deal more than it did today.

took a lon on june futures at 4990.

longs: 1@ 4990

open profit : (260)

easing out of the position somewhat.. still ready for a substantial fall though..

another exam tomorrow, so i had better go.

toodle oo.

FC

and another shyte exam this morning... if i didnt have one tomorrow as well i would be nailing a pint or 8 to get over the emotional upheaval.

took another long on june futures at 4975.

longs: 2@ 4983

open profit : (169)

a better day on the markets today.. a close below 4949 would have caused me to bail out of the shorts.. but it didnt really threaten it today... another narrow day.zzzzzzzz

hopefully it will start to move nicely in one of the directions soon lol..

good trading all.

FC

closed off june longs for +25 at 4995

added a short at 4990 on the cash

longs:
shorts 7@ 4950 :eek:

closed profit: +4 (zipperdy doo-dah)
open profit : (308) (sheesh)

looks like it let me bail out of the longs before the drop.. ive got a cycle turn time for monday/tuesday. so we may get a bit more up then the drop. (esp as im targeting 10750 for the dow by end of may)

at least the closed postions are back in profit.. pretty heavily short now...

FC

New to this thread - to say you're posts are bold (FC) is the understatement of the century!!!

Fascinating stuff! Will continue to follow your wisdom with eager anticipation (trying to fathom your system)

Good luck and prosperous trading!!!!!

Cheers!

Piperlads

erm thanks piper...

this system is nothing special at all, in fact ludicrously simple, which is why i find it difficult to follow.. always trying to tinker with it and improve it..

still got a month to go to nail these points... will be disappointed to fail in public lol.. :eek:

FC