Best Thread Live Cable Trading

zuke said:
Marmoset, what happened to your 399 short? What S/L did you get stopped out at?

Nothing, it's still there, biding its time. Didn't put in a s/l, just a limit

Just realised I had my target in the wrong place should have been 20 but think we have a look at the figure now. So when we go down there, I will put a trailing stop at 10

morning guys

Marmoset what time do you commence trading in the morning? Im just getting into Forex now and looked over dozens of threads i think yours must be the best one.

How are you getting on so far today? And is your daily target 50 pips.

JASONHANDA said:
morning guys

Marmoset what time do you commence trading in the morning? Im just getting into Forex now and looked over dozens of threads i think yours must be the best one.

How are you getting on so far today? And is your daily target 50 pips.

I'm a bit of a night owl, I start trading 11pm BST (midnight Zurich), usually till 2-3 am, then I usually get up around 8 for the London open. 7 would be better, but then I need a bucket of coffee to get me going. I then trade until 1.40pm when I have to go to work (yep, still working).

Up till now I'm at +56, but I've got a short down at 8399 (-12), long at 08 (-2), long at 20 (-15), long at 29 (-22). I'm working at getting out of those before the grande finale, bigtime short for NY open.

Out of long 08 at 13: +5 --> +61 :cheesy:

The hours you trade are quite good actually, and you can still fit in work. What job have you got and do you ever plan on stopping work and trading for a living.

We all dream of it, but its not easy is it

Oops, forgot about daily target: 35pips or 2% of account size. That's just a ballpark figure, I'm not hung up about it. It's just that I used Excel once to give me an idea of compounding results. I did an :eek: when I saw what could be achieved by going for something rather conservative like 35 pips in cable, a pair that has average daily moves of 175pips (though without news this week it's more like 100 pips).

Hence my rule: play it tame, the money is the same. Cable is like an 800 pound gorilla, and me, I'm just a tiny marmoset. So I grab a few pips here, some more there, etc. instead of swinging for the big knock-out. What can I say, works for me :cheesy:

JASONHANDA said:
The hours you trade are quite good actually, and you can still fit in work. What job have you got and do you ever plan on stopping work and trading for a living.

We all dream of it, but its not easy is it

I work in IT support, usually late shift (NY hours) 3 weeks out of 4.

Planning on stopping: decision will be made by the end of the year, if I'm still standing that is. Quitting time will then be April '07 (there's a reason to the season ;)), after I collect my bonus check and have sat out the mandatory three month notice period.

Full day trading will be tested next Monday (got a day off) and the whole week after that (sacrificing some holidays to go whole hog). See if I like it/can make some decent decisions.

But right now, as mindboggling as it may sound, it's naptime. All limits and entry shorts are in place. Time to catch some zzzzz's to be fresh for NY.

EUR/GBP is a bit of a pain today just following EUR/USD as it is dampening all the Cable moves. Long at 10 but losing confidence