Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Offshore Trader said:
Jasonhanda

Your answer is yes. Excellent calls from marmoset but be careful because following someone else's calls is a dangerous game but there is plenty to watch and learn from. His calls are very successful and unlike most gamblers, he still posts when he's wrong.

Sorry for butting in marmoset but I'm not sure if you are too modest

Hi Jasonhanda, Hi Offshore Trader,

Well, I strongly discourage anyone from following my calls, simply because I frequently get it wrong. What's more, scalping calls are often very time-sensitive.

Today was exceptional in that I posted no losses, worst were break-even. But then again, seems I'm good at jobbing sideways markets, and bad at trading trends. Luckily sideways markets occur 3 days out of 5 (statistically speaking). Sure helps to fatten the account before the inevitable (?) whack/loss...

Modesty is not one of my qualities but then again, boastfulness isn't either. Just going about my business and am happy when at the end of the day the account has grown. I'm even happier when everybody had a good day.

After all, this isn't a competition and I'm pretty sure there's a trader out there that catches the swings better than I do and is now ROFLing at my "puny" 112 pippies. :LOL:

JASONHANDA said:
i would like to follow the calls and also learn how he finds the trades aswell

Quite simple in a sideways market: go long after a good move down (10-30pips), go short after a good move up (10-30pips). Put an entry long/short above/below the current range for a break-out. Easy peasy as Jamie Oliver would put it. :cheesy:

zuke said:
First of the week. SHORT @460, 10 lots, Target 1 405, Stop 500
Scaled out 5 lots at 405 for +55 pips. Stop has been moved to b/e and Target 2 is 331.

While the cat is away..............

neil said:
Not many trades lately for the Asian breakout followers :cry:

Seems to know when I have a day off lately :cheesy:

Look what happens when I am not at the screen - I miss a short trade - not the first time that things have moved in my absence :rolleyes:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 166
Baruch

I have read the thread all about the Hilda Baker system where u through ur weight around well done about time somebody questioned a system that was being sold for huge amounts of money.

Did you try the system yourself at all, if so with what kind of results.

JASONHANDA said:
Baruch

I have read the thread all about the Hilda Baker system where u through ur weight around well done about time somebody questioned a system that was being sold for huge amounts of money.

Did you try the system yourself at all, if so with what kind of results.

Thank you. No, I have not traded the system - but I read on Soul-Trader's website, that he has stopped daytrading, so I suppose his expensive system (he sold it for 2200 pound) was not good.

marmoset said:
They're sure they're not holding them for ransom? I mean, they could be using them to force me to hand over the MonkeyBounce formulas... :(
Didn't you just give that away a few posts back?!?

I thought maybe it was you, letting them out to enjoy freedom or to bring 'em home to work for you when your having a nap so you can monkeybounce 24/5 :cheesy:

chrisw said:
Didn't you just give that away a few posts back?!?

I thought maybe it was you, letting them out to enjoy freedom or to bring 'em home to work for you when your having a nap so you can monkeybounce 24/5 :cheesy:

:eek: I've been found out! :eek: Figured they could tapdance on the buy/sell button for a bit while I got some sleep... then it's off to South America last week of August as planned (3 weeks of jungle hiking and rafting)... to crown the jailbreak.

:cheesy:

Right....

I'm starting a campaign to 'free the drusilla's 5!'... I'll donate 5 pips a day till their free to roam once again...

To be honest Soultrader has given up day-trading to enjoy his riches, no need to sit in front of the P.C all day anymore.

He is a remarkable trader im sure the Hilda Baker does work if used with the correct dicipline needed

Right, in the door, long at 08 (04+4), target 18

Trying out something new here: simultaneous long/short for 10pips each side.

Therefore: short at 02, target 92

Still tickled pink about the 112 pips. Not every day I overshoot my 2%/35pip goal to rake in 6.4%/112pips.

Here's an odd observation about Tokyo: eurodolly and cable have virtually no correlation until 6-7 am... whereas during London and NY, correlation is 97% (moving in lockstep, though eur/$ is the dog and cable the wagging tail: wider swings in relation to euro's moves).

Oh, and also, big figs: Tokyo doesn't give a horse fig for big figs, but always seem to respect intermediate and major s/r levels. To this rule there's exceptions: see yesterday's 110pip free-fall.

JASONHANDA said:
To be honest Soultrader has given up day-trading to enjoy his riches, no need to sit in front of the P.C all day anymore.

He is a remarkable trader im sure the Hilda Baker does work if used with the correct dicipline needed

I don't know if he is a remarkable trader, but I'm sure he is a remakable business man, which has made a lot of money selling "his" Hilda Baker system to newbies. But I have never heard of any trader making money with it.

By the way: Welcome in this thread among honest traders.

eur hits mid support, I'm out of short 02 at +7 (and I missed +8, hate it, hate it, hateit)

I'll get my revenge, I'll go Long at 94 (90+4) :devilish:

edit: OK, OK, 97 (93+4)

Tokyo's been a bit of a mess: +13, but I'm still short at 8399 for a whopping -46.

Target for the short 45: 30

Hrumpf, cable doing its "no waya I'ma gonna go downa" again :|

Last edited: