Best Thread Live Cable Trading

short stopped out at -10: +10

long at 49 (45+spread) and 54 (50+spread): starting a pyramid there

marmoset said:
short stopped out at -10: +10

long at 49 (45+spread) and 54 (50+spread): starting a pyramid there
What's the score this morning mate

Still sticking with the pyramid... Got a bit hairy in there, long time I haven't used a 40 pip SL... Lesson learnt: when EUR is going nowhere, cable runs on a loooong leash. Could have been a jolly good short, had I had the nerve to go both ways.

Let's see what the 9.30 trade balance brings

Score is still at +10

Mrng chaps
so far all short term Longs closed was realy looking for 471 on cable but no worries

will look for a short in the not too distant to take us down initially to 340

54 got stopped out at -40: -30, hedged the 49er long to ride out the trade balance

We have about an hour to kill whilst we do the bounce around so think I will go and enjoy some of this big yellow shinny ball stuff

on the 30 min cable chart i have the downtrendline coming in at 60 ish we seem to have held support very welll during asia and cant rule out a move higher if we break the line.

dc2000 said:
Now short 440 looking for 340 stop at 480

Looks like we are on opposing sides..I am holding my long from yesterday at 410 looking for a move to 530 before scaling out. One of us will be wrong!

I took my long off this morning after we failed to get back up to the 500+ mark late yesterday, for today I have a high probability of a hard down in the US session so for now its leave the trade running and enjoy some sun

dc2000 said:
I took my long off this morning after we failed to get back up to the 500+ mark late yesterday, for today I have a high probability of a hard down in the US session so for now its leave the trade running and enjoy some sun
It is having a really hard time breaking this level of 1.8455 right now unless I see a clear break I would not go long personally....I am stil bearish on cable my targest are of the similar range...
I would be going short if it breaks 1.8405 with confidence....

I've gone long 8440, stop 8370. On the daily chart it looks due for a bounce.

There may be a third senario: cable may close today between 8460 and 8370 in which case both bulls and bears'll be wrong, unless you are scalping.

I haven't got time myself today to trade this work lark gets in the way unfortunately.

Did manage to take 10 pips first thing when the EUR couldn't break the asia high and cable fell nicely 15 pips.

Unclear for me at the moment so let's wait for the big boys in the states to come and show us the way ! Good trading all

God, that's an atrociously narrow range :(

Axed the 49er long at -13, managed to scalp, by twos and threes, that amount back: b/e on that one

So far for today: -30

marmoset said:
God, that's an atrociously narrow range :(

Axed the 49er long at -13, managed to scalp, by twos and threes, that amount back: b/e on that one

So far for today: -30

Yes, it's pretty tight and a bit marginal with 3 pip spread - you guys might want to consider Ladbrokes FX when the market is idling or waiting for news like this, as it's possible to scalp tiny moves/setups - there's no spread and maximum win is 500quid (every 5 minutes).

Last edited:
zuke said:
Looks like we are on opposing sides..I am holding my long from yesterday at 410 looking for a move to 530 before scaling out. One of us will be wrong!

Moved my 410 long stop to b/e before trade balance news.