Best Thread Live Cable Trading

chrisw said:
Why has everyone been so adamant cable is going up?

Assume nothing, expect anything and be prepared to change with the market.

Its down 80 on the day, why not run with it? Some are allready finished for the day... Don't fight it, join it!

... you could be right, but there's no harm in catching the bounces for a few pips.

Its just everyone has been so convinced in where its going instead of acting on what its doing NOW.

It may go up, it may go down, nobody knows so why fight it? Instead of predicting, go with the flow...

chrisw said:

Its down 80 on the day, why not run with it? Some are allready finished for the day... Don't fight it, join it!

Hi Chris..the price action tells me that there is decent support at 472, so Im looking for a bounce of that level and for a move up after todays news. Just a game of opinions and I may be wrong...

zuke said:
Hi Chris..the price action tells me that there is decent support at 472, so Im looking for a bounce of that level and for a move up after todays news. Just a game of opinions and I may be wrong...
Thats cool Zuke, you may well be right (up it goes as we speak) but cables early morning moves are so easy to ride like a perfect wave, I can't be dealing with thinking, I just ride it!

(maybe the suns just getting to me!)

chrisw said:

Spot on chrisw. In forex there are far too many surprises, you can only react to events at least thats what I have made my money on.

Banked my 58 pips this morning 534 down to 476 and leave it now till the US session. Just for reference its always a pleasure to take a couple of grand off Capital Spreads ...lol

Ripcord said:
Spot on chrisw. In forex there are far too many surprises, you can only react to events at least thats what I have made my money on.

Banked my 58 pips this morning 534 down to 474 and leave it now till the US session. Just for reference its always a pleasure to take a couple of grand off Capital Spreads ...lol
Excellent... always good to hear someone taking money from them!

chrisw said:
Thats cool Zuke, you may well be right (up it goes as we speak) but cables early morning moves are so easy to ride like a perfect wave, I can't be dealing with thinking, I just ride it!

(maybe the suns just getting to me!)

Absolutely right Chrisw and I usually ride the monring FX train too. I missed the main move this am unfortunately so am having to "think" unfortunately!

zuke said:
Absolutely right Chrisw and I usually ride the monring FX train too. I missed the main move this am unfortunately so am having to "think" unfortunately!
Thinking, terrible hassle, especially in this weather!! :LOL: :cheesy:

Ripcord said:

Banked my 58 pips this morning 534 down to 476 and leave it now till the US session. Just for reference its always a pleasure to take a couple of grand off Capital Spreads ...lol

Kerching!! Lovely to hear!! watch out though..despite what Simon says, they DO monitor accounts and mysteriously dont fill orders on those who consistently do well...just my opinion of course (in case Simon threatens legal action!)

Do you chaps have multiple accounts then to hide from them that you're taking lots from the market.... ? I am only currently using CMC and they've taken enough of my money not to worry I think in the past before I really knew what I was doing. Now it's payback time for me ! I am a disciplined money making machine ! That's the positive talk I give myself anyway to make me believe it, hehe) ;)

Priceman said:
Do you chaps have multiple accounts then to hide from them that you're taking lots from the market.... ? I am only currently using CMC and they've taken enough of my money not to worry I think in the past before I really knew what I was doing. Now it's payback time for me ! I am a disciplined money making machine ! That's the positive talk I give myself anyway to make me believe it, hehe) ;)

I have four SB accounts my favourite being CMC which I have had for 5 years. They all took my cash for about 3 or so years. I added it up and it was in the region of £50k and after the tears stopped then the discipline came and now its nice to bank a bit each month but it can very easily be given back.

Ripcord said:
I have four SB accounts my favourite being CMC which I have had for 5 years. They all took my cash for about 3 or so years. I added it up and it was in the region of £50k and after the tears stopped then the discipline came and now its nice to bank a bit each month but it can very easily be given back.
50k Ouch!

I've got my old trusty capitalspreads account for fun, testing and general amusement, then main accounts with IB and Oanda. I could never trade seriously with SB's... been there, tried it, got burnt, never again.

Not that trading becomes easy street, but its certainly alot easier not using SB's.

chrisw said:
50k Ouch!

Tell me about it. I wasn't that far from a financial meltdown. That's why I allow myself a smile now with all the guys who post on these boards with the latest hotshot system and try to make out that they are greater than George Soros only to disappear shortly afterwards (Oh how I love 7thsignal!).

My only bit of wisdom would be:- Know what drives your market, do the research and don't follow anybody elses tips, you will go broke if you do.

Ripcord said:
Tell me about it. I wasn't that far from a financial meltdown. That's why I allow myself a smile now with all the guys who post on these boards with the latest hotshot system and try to make out that they are greater than George Soros only to disappear shortly afterwards (Oh how I love 7thsignal!).

My only bit of wisdom would be:- Know what drives your market, do the research and don't follow anybody elses tips, you will go broke if you do.
Couldn't agree more (especially 7th!!!)

That'll teach me ! I was shorting (going with the market) before the news and then saw it was going up so changed my direction. On a 1min chart then POW !!! It fell 40 pips and stopped me out. That's how easy you can give it back hey. News feed on CMC isn't so quick hey ?

Hope some of you were in the right direction there !!

Priceman said:
That'll teach me ! I was shorting (going with the market) before the news and then saw it was going up so changed my direction. On a 1min chart then POW !!! It fell 40 pips and stopped me out. That's how easy you can give it back hey. News feed on CMC isn't so quick hey ?

Hope some of you were in the right direction there !!

... that's a b**tch. It's always tricky during news time. Hope you make those pips back later on.

458 - 515 - 397 combination

back home n absolutely knackd toooo many touristy things