Best Thread Live Cable Trading

seems like 7500 hasn't seen the last visit.......look at eurodollar, clearing 2075-80, goes to 2095, and Cable with it.

Tzachi said:
Did u?

When did you get in?

I trade Big Baruch: Buy/sell the first BO after London Open.

But I have changed the rules: Before I did not trade, when there was UK news later in the morning. But that was a bad rule. Because the news can be a good time to take your profit. So now I take a position no matter what.

jacinto said:
seems like 7500 hasn't seen the last visit.......look at eurodollar, clearing 2075-80, goes to 2095, and Cable with it.

Maybe but they are quite different animals at the moment. EURGBP has weakened against a background of possible interest rate increase in Euroland and possible decrease in UK. Much more difficult to apply the the usual relationship I think.

Uphios said:
Maybe but they are quite different animals at the moment. EURGBP has weakened against a background of possible interest rate increase in Euroland and possible decrease in UK. Much more difficult to apply the the usual relationship I think.
. also agree with you....there feels to be general dollar bearishnes.....the question is if there is euro bullishnes....then where does sterling stand in releative terms? my humble opinion is "choppy"

Baruch said:
I trade Big Baruch: Buy/sell the first BO after London Open.

But I have changed the rules: Before I did not trade, when there was UK news later in the morning. But that was a bad rule. Because the news can be a good time to take your profit. So now I take a position no matter what.

What time is your London open? 2 or 3 EST time? what do you use as a filter to avoide fakes?

jacinto said:
. also agree with you....there feels to be general dollar bearishnes.....the question is if there is euro bullishnes....then where does sterling stand in releative terms? my humble opinion is "choppy"

I think so. Good time for those that are good at scalping, which I'm not.

On another issue I can't help thinking about those retail figures. +2.1% across the year. This has to be really bad for the average retailer with increased rates, energy bills and wage bills. I would hate to be running a retail business at the moment. The only way forward for them as I see it is squeeze the wholesalers.

Please correct me, as I dont really know this pattern very well, but is there a 123 forming in the 10 and 15 minute chart? if so, 60-65 triggers the short? if so, is 7430 the next target?

Tzachi said:
What time is your London open? 2 or 3 EST time? what do you use as a filter to avoide fakes?

Around 8.00 gmt. I don't use a filter, but I like euro to confirm the BO.

jacinto said:
Please correct me, as I dont really know this pattern very well, but is there a 123 forming in the 10 and 15 minute chart? if so, 60-65 triggers the short? if so, is 7430 the next target?

Dunno. But I am looking at a small channel (or is it a very long triangle) that has a bottom line around 7442.

eatontrade said:
Well you got a few there - nice one. I stayed long and gave back profits from early this morning - not happy.

Not got them yet, only on paper. Could well return to the 90's. I will have think about taking it at my bottom channel but only if I think I will be able to get my short back on in the 80's. I have to stick to my down market view until 7516 goes, if it goes.

Amazing this market. Eatontrade loses on the long side and in exactly the same market I lose on the short side!

nice unexpected upthrust.
on 5-mins, seesm to be breathing.
worth a short-term short back to 475 or so ?