Best Thread Live Cable Trading

ivor31 said:
Neither did i until 3 weeks ago. Its real alright.

I think it will only show you the visibility for your broker or "dealer" not the entire market, as looking at the pic there should be plenty more orders considering how volatile the market is.

DoubleSix said:
Ivor
I think you may find its an advfn illusion taken from an api into cmc's books

Might be a good way to fade all the other players then !!! :devilish:

Yes.It does only show what the brokers are doing.But they are the one that rule are they not.I'm not selling it,only telling you it. :cool: It lets me see what they are willing to buy and sell to me at.

DoubleSix said:
LOL

this is a global market for god's sake.

I cant really believe I am reading this crap

I agree. There are no global order books. But the brokers know where the stops are (and some of them hunt them).

There is no order book / true level II for FX.

Each provider apart from CME futures is effectively there own market maker so you are only seeing orders on there book.

True level II reflects the orders on each ECN / Market maker.

IB have provided this book functionality for yonks. I perdonally see no relevence, ask the Flipper

JonnyT said:
There is no order book / true level II for FX.

Each provider apart from CME futures is effectively there own market maker so you are only seeing orders on there book.

True level II reflects the orders on each ECN / Market maker.

IB have provided this book functionality for yonks. I perdonally see no relevence, ask the Flipper

JohnnyT,

So what's your opinion about the socalled Bin Ben method?

Don't know about you guys but I think cable is holding up pretty well considering the $ strength on the other pairs.

Made for some nice moves in GBP/JPY.

G-Man

still believe its waiting its moment to attack that downtrend line
almost went to 7250 but stopped a few pips short.

but there is still some resistance to overcome from earlier in november
so it may yet have to fall to 7250 first

may involve a late night sitting

(edit)

bull flag broken, this old chap is heading north guys..

possibly another 150-200pips before the end of the week

FC

I don't know. Any ideas??

Possibly, Im a bit of a fish out of water on the FX stuff but my plan is to take some time off in December ( Dow willing) so I will have a look is it just the one pair you are looking at ?

hmm, aussie and cable holding uncle sam at bay, however I would of thought if the pro's want to Long this market then better value would be obtained certainly sub 7260 ? Are we going to see drive to value back end into asian session I wonder..... encourage a few longs here maybe... or ramp for a sell off.

Euro's not flying up of 1.1689 we shall see..

FetteredChinos said:
bull flag broken, this old chap is heading north guys..

possibly another 150-200pips before the end of the week

FC

I agree. Break the 17350-60 resistance and we could be on to a big move. Guess it all depends on the numbers tomorrow. I think the expectations are being ramped up, so a poor number and cable is going north.

G-Man

G-Man said:
Don't know about you guys but I think cable is holding up pretty well considering the $ strength on the other pairs.

Made for some nice moves in GBP/JPY.

G-Man

did you play this today? (gbp/yen), was nice.

cable has been unimpressive today. hopefully 2moro will break this range.

the yen crosses have been pretty good the past few days building up for this move through 120. i will be looking to short $/Yen around 121.50 +/-.

SHORT 1.7328 Target 1 (I will scale out) 60 pips STOP 1.7358..pretty confident on this trade so did 10 lots.

zuke said:
SHORT 1.7328 Target 1 (I will scale out) 60 pips STOP 1.7358..pretty confident on this trade so did 10 lots.
Nice fade, short term trend up,looks like you stop will get hit