Best Thread Live Cable Trading

PipSqueek said:
shorted both eur and gbp on pullback...euro just closed for 40 pips :D , cable still open with +15 pips :rolleyes:

edit just closed cable for +40 too
not live,after the event :cheesy:

eurusd and cable probably not gonna move again until EU session. I eurusd is gonna rise during EU session. what does everyone else think?

Why do you think the EUR is gonna rise in tomorrows European session, PipCrawler?

G-Man

PipCrawler said:
eurusd and cable probably not gonna move again until EU session. I eurusd is gonna rise during EU session. what does everyone else think?

Are you going to put in a big order that will move the market? :cheesy:

go on then tell us who you really are?

Here is a chart I posted on another site over the weekend.

I think its pretty interesting at the moment. We had a bounce, but it didn't quite follow through upto 1.73 region as I might have expected if it was a change in longer trend.

That said it didn't smash back to new lows, which suggest to me that some of the big players are still watching this one, maybe still short but careful.

Attachments

• GBP EW2.jpg
    GBP EW2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 175
PipSqueek said:
i did ask (http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=221167&postcount=1357) if anyone else was shorting the pullback... :p
Shorting to pairs, I see no need to do this, lets say you had 10 pound a point on eur.usd and 10 pound a point on gbp/usd, why don't you put 20 pound a point on gbp.usd you will get more pips out of gbp. The both of them move in synch with each other. with gbp gives more. pips..what firm did you trades these pairs with,

Last edited:
badtrader said:
Shorting to pairs, I see no need to do this, lets say you had 10 pound a point on eur.usd and 10 pound a point on gbp/usd, why don't you put 20 pound a point on gbp.usd you will get more pips out of gbp. The both of them move in synch with each other. with gbp gives more. pips..what firm did you trades these pairs with,

because one may move more.

The board is quiet today. Any trades anyone?

Seems to be ranging between the L4 (1.7109) and L3 (1.7134) camarilla points, any else use these?

flubber2k said:
Seems to be ranging between the L4 (1.7109) and L3 (1.7134) camarilla points, any else use these?

do you find they work better / more often than the standard pivots ?
( spent all weekend reviewing Delta and Spiral Calendars )

trendie said:
do you find they work better / more often than the standard pivots ?
( spent all weekend reviewing Delta and Spiral Calendars )

To be honest I'm not sure, I've adapted them from another strategy - so far I've had good results. I've been reading about them and getting mixed results so perhaps my findings have been a fluke :(

I just like see the reaction points at them.

one of my projects related to pivots I have on my to-do list, is to:

get the daily Pivot ( H+L+C / 3 ) and then:
calculate the percentage of daily range that the actual High and Low appear in relation to the Pivot.
then see which pivot version ( dont forget Woodies Pivots ) matches closest to the actual ranges.
that way you can uncover any another anomolies (sp) that may be lurking, as well as seeing the percentage reliability of known ideas.
( I was messing about with Dow data, and have become more interested in Fibs again by taking this approach. )

Yup, the calculation is the same for the main pivot. Looks like were walking the same road I was just reading about Fibs this morning. I think pivots and fib retracements are poweful stuff that shouldn't be easily ignored.

If you use metatrader I've attached the pivot custom indicator.

Attachments

• camarilla.zip
    2 KB · Views: 87
OK..put my neck on the line LONG 1.7090 30/30. (Yes Livermore, I know I SHOULDN'T counter-trade!!)

Has anyone tested Hans123 Cable and EUR/USD breakout method (similar to JT's) over on Strategybuilder? Trading manually seems useful, i've backtested in MT4 with marginally profitable results since Jan '05. Could be the expert i used is flawed. Nowhere near the results quoted below. This is Hans123's description of the method and some manual results:

"..Simple Combined Breakout System for EUR/USD and GBP/USD

Determine the 06.00 CET – 10.00 CET High Low on EUR/USD and GBP/USD
Determine the 10.00 CET – 14.00 CET High Low on EUR/USD and GBP/USD

Set BuyStop at High + 5 pips and SellStop at Low - 5 pips for both timeframes and both currencies

Set Target Price at entry + 80 pips for EUR/USD and entry + 120 pips for GBP/USD

Set StopLoss at entry - 50 pips for EUR/USD and entry - 70 pips for GBP/USD. If the other side of the Breakout is within 50 pips for EUR/USD or within 70 pips for GBP/USD then the StopLoss will be that level (Longtrade: SL = Low range - 5 pips = SellStop; Shorttrade: SL = High range + 5 pips = BuyStop).

Use a trailing stop of 30 pips for EUR/USD and a trailing stop of 40 pips for GBP/USD

At 24.00 CET all orders expiring and close all trades at market. On Friday we do the same at 23.00 CET.

This link displays the time in every major city in the world: www.qlock.com. I am using CET time (Amsterdam, Frankfurt).

Results October 2005:
10/03 : -22 pips
10/04: -61 pips
10/05: -103 pips
10/06: +168 pips
10/07: +156 pips
10/10: +135 pips
10/11: +61 pips
10/12: +108 pips
10/13: +97 pips
10/14: +274 pips
10/17: +178 pips

Total: +991 pips

The results this month are extreme. In general the system gives you an average return of 600 pips a month from March 2005.

On monthly basis the results are:

March: +721 pips
April: +940 pips
May: +296 pips
June: +857 pips
July: +1352 pips
August: + 35 pips
September: -20 pips

All calculations are done by hand, so it is possible that there is a small deviation. It is only to show the power of such a simple system. "

ChowClown said:
Has anyone tested Hans123 Cable and EUR/USD breakout method (similar to JT's) over on Strategybuilder? Trading manually seems useful, i've backtested in MT4 with marginally profitable results since Jan '05. Could be the expert i used is flawed. Nowhere near the results quoted below. This is Hans123's description of the method and some manual results:

"..Simple Combined Breakout System for EUR/USD and GBP/USD

Determine the 06.00 CET – 10.00 CET High Low on EUR/USD and GBP/USD
Determine the 10.00 CET – 14.00 CET High Low on EUR/USD and GBP/USD

Set BuyStop at High + 5 pips and SellStop at Low - 5 pips for both timeframes and both currencies

Set Target Price at entry + 80 pips for EUR/USD and entry + 120 pips for GBP/USD

Set StopLoss at entry - 50 pips for EUR/USD and entry - 70 pips for GBP/USD. If the other side of the Breakout is within 50 pips for EUR/USD or within 70 pips for GBP/USD then the StopLoss will be that level (Longtrade: SL = Low range - 5 pips = SellStop; Shorttrade: SL = High range + 5 pips = BuyStop).

Use a trailing stop of 30 pips for EUR/USD and a trailing stop of 40 pips for GBP/USD

At 24.00 CET all orders expiring and close all trades at market. On Friday we do the same at 23.00 CET.

This link displays the time in every major city in the world: www.qlock.com. I am using CET time (Amsterdam, Frankfurt).

Results October 2005:
10/03 : -22 pips
10/04: -61 pips
10/05: -103 pips
10/06: +168 pips
10/07: +156 pips
10/10: +135 pips
10/11: +61 pips
10/12: +108 pips
10/13: +97 pips
10/14: +274 pips
10/17: +178 pips

Total: +991 pips

The results this month are extreme. In general the system gives you an average return of 600 pips a month from March 2005.

On monthly basis the results are:

March: +721 pips
April: +940 pips
May: +296 pips
June: +857 pips
July: +1352 pips
August: + 35 pips
September: -20 pips

All calculations are done by hand, so it is possible that there is a small deviation. It is only to show the power of such a simple system. "

Don't understand this "BuyStop at High + 5 pips " Is he saying Buy at the High (or within 5 pips)