Best Thread Live Cable Trading

G-Man said:
Bit off topic, but the EUR now appears to have put in a bullish weekly reversal bar. There is also divergance materialising.

Could the bottom be in? Next week might not be conclusive with some quiet days in the US, but it will be interesting to see any reactions.

G-Man

hmm, cetrainly trading the low range for the last week, theres a tussle going on. reluctance below 1.1650/60 the next key point upside in my head is 1.1780- (1.1880/1.1920) obviously needs to trade and hold support on the 1.1780 first, early days but very good trading market.

Surprised cable didnt have the legs to have a look at 1.7250

I had a look at the dollar index chart thats looks like its just coming off a low really, another 10% upside ?

fxmarkets said:
hmm, cetrainly trading the low range for the last week, theres a tussle going on. reluctance below 1.1650/60 the next key point upside in my head is 1.1780- (1.1880/1.1920) obviously needs to trade and hold support on the 1.1780 first, early days but very good trading market.

I had a look at the dollar index chart thats looks like its just coming off a low really, another 10% upside ?

Fridays high rejection I think was due to options sitting at 11800, now expired.

$ index COT's also looks bearish for the buck, but the EUR is currently mid-ground.

Cable and Yen at extremes which is probobly what is pushing the index. Might be interesting next week as the US has Thanksgiving and some expect a quiet week, but as it has been the US banks and institutions buying the $ if they are out of the game to some extent there could be a move in thiner markets.

G-Man

fxmarkets said:

Compare euro and cable. Euro is strong and cable weak. Why? Because the fundamentals favor euro, not cable. There will be no more rate hikes in UK, while Europe has not started yet. Friday Cable was riding on the back of euro, but that will not continue. It's not impossible that cable will go down the tubes, while euro will continue its recovery.

Livermore said:
Badtrader,

Why care for a small loss? Only a newbie would do that. Losses are part of the game, and without losses we would never have profits.
I trade the usa futures and take plenty of losses when scalping the Russell but always come out in front. Yes, it is part of the game, like breathing is for living.

The feed back I got coming from you Livermore is you think I am a newbie,I tell you what I let you think it, All the trades I have posted on this thread are based on beginning's luck,

You feel better now ;)

badtrader said:
I trade the usa futures and take plenty of losses when scalping the Russell but always come out in front. Yes, it is part of the game, like breathing is for living.

The feed back I got coming from you Livermore is you think I am a newbie,I tell you what I let you think it, All the trades I have posted on this thread are based on beginning's luck,

You feel better now ;)

Hey CJ12 or is it badtrader or .... the other name escapes me... I didnt think you made any losses! I thought when you made a loss , it was just a "test" to see if we were paying attention!!!!!

DanielLambert said:
Hey CJ12 or is it badtrader or .... the other name escapes me... I didnt think you made any losses! I thought when you made a loss , it was just a "test" to see if we were paying attention!!!!!
Could you explain to me, why you think CJ12, is me :?:

badtrader said:

You feel better now ;)

Much better. :D

1. Why do you use a spread better? 2. Why scalp Russell (and not forex, FTSE, Dax...)?

Livermore said:

1. Why do you use a spread better? 2. Why scalp Russell (and not forex, FTSE, Dax...)?

sorry to butt in, but i have to say along with DAX futures, the Russsell is the next best index to trade, much better then the nasdaq, sp's and dow.

although can't wait till kospi comes on line in a few weeks with IB!

PipSqueek said:
sorry to butt in, but i have to say along with DAX futures, the Russsell is the next best index to trade, much better then the nasdaq, sp's and dow.

OK. Because it's moves more - or trending more?

DanielLambert said:

:eek: :eek: is this true ?
does it matter ?
were pips made real-time or not ?
if it transpires the true identity is person A, does that makes the pips more valuable than if they were made by person B ? pips are pips.

I hate this multi-nicking stuff ( if true ), but the bottom-line is that badtrader makes pips.
( actually I thought badtrader was a re-incarnation of Texas-Hedge :cheesy: )

the issue is: badtrader makes pips.
I am more interested in knowing what methodology he uses to make his calls.

EDIT: PS: I think cj12 was one of the better posters when he was around. he posted a system, based on pivots, real-time. ( P1-P2-P3 ) Myself and one other poster tried to emulate him, with varying success. ( there was obviously more to it than that )

Livermore said:

I use Berkeley futures. and yes got account with S.B for positions trades Anyway why ask me what's better to trade, I thought you new all the answers ;)

trendie said:
does it matter ?
if it transpires the true identity is person A, does that makes the pips more valuable than if they were made by person B ? pips are pips.

I hate this multi-nicking stuff ( if true ), but the bottom-line is that badtrader makes pips.

EDIT: PS: I think cj12 was one of the better posters when he was around. he posted a system, based on pivots, real-time. ( P1-P2-P3 ) Myself and one other poster tried to emulate him, with varying success. ( there was obviously more to it than that )
Concur with you trendie

PipSqueek said:

Why continue spreading your trades over a wider and wider network?

The people who make money only involve themselves in one or two contracts and become niche players for life.

Jack of all trading don't get it.

trendie said:
does it matter ?

I agree with trendie that all the multi-nick, you are X blob wastes too many keystrokes on this board.

However, if people are being naughty I think the sensible members, like me, should be made aware of it if suffucient proof is available.

G-Man

P.S. If badtrader is multi-nicking, my money is on our old friend, TradeVector.

bodebliss said:

The people who make money only involve themselves in one or two contracts and become niche players for life.

I agree. Don't be a jack of all trades, but master of none.

Interesting Fib / MA strategy from over on StrategyBuilderfx.

http://www.freewebs.com/mswilson/

It is timely, in that is recommends a long-term MA, 144 and 169.
But the thing is it is coincident with another thread regarding MA X-overs from the greta man himself, Ed Seykota, where he shows longer timefraems are better. ( around 330 ! )

trendie
I have used long ma's and macd's for some time.
fewer signals of course
but more reliable,imo

can be used in all time frames.

bodebliss said:

i'm far from a jack of all trading, however there are some very high probable set ups that happen to various indicies, i don't see why they shouldn't be taken advantage of. It's what got me into trading FX.