Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Went long at 32, out 82. Long term long now but the US news might again make sterling weak, its bound to be good.

Am writing my christmas list for the wife - does anyone know a good candlestick book?

Missed all the action just waking up. Nice move up but not follow through yet. any targets??
looking to fade the move

I dont think they do know, when I worked on a dealing floor spot traders got the news as soon as it came out and screamed it out over the floor.

with that being said, this early move could be classified as mere speculation then. Someone is betting that the US economic data will be below expectation.

I have been long on the cable since yesterday and i am looking at a 150-200 pip upward move.

I entered on a symmetrical triangle, the target would be 7520. Might go back in if it starts moving up again.

YachtFund said:
Went long at 32, out 82. Long term long now but the US news might again make sterling weak, its bound to be good.

Am writing my christmas list for the wife - does anyone know a good candlestick book?

Pardon ?????

YachtFund

how was life on the dealing floor? Are you an independent trader now? Just curious.

Worked as an assistant on an options desk so didn't trade. I am independent now. Loved it though, great buzz. It never lost its novelty value.

Stopped out, -20.

Damn and blast!!

G-Man

P.S. Knew I should have closed off the 5 min.

YachtFund said:
Worked as an assistant on an options desk so didn't trade. I am independent now. Loved it though, great buzz. It never lost its novelty value.

How long have you been an independent trader?

I just started 3 weeks ago. This is the best job for me in terms of quality of life. I seriously have no other chance in life other than doing this.

I also am a sportsbettor and have been making money in this business for the last 5 years. I find trading and betting very similar. The psychological part is the same. This is why I am sure I will be successful. I can take hits over hits and I just dont go down mentally. I keep on doing the same **** over and over again without blinking an eye. At the end of the year i look at the bottom line and i am a happy man.

Money management is the most important thing of all. Whats your regular unit size on any given trade? Mine is 3% of capital. My system is pretty conservative, it usually comes up with around 200 trades per year and the winning % is around 50%.

Oh yes, whats the maximum drawdown you are willing to bear? 15%? 20%? I saw some pros take 30+% hits and be cool about it.

fseitun said:
How long have you been an independent trader?

I just started 3 weeks ago. This is the best job for me in terms of quality of life. I seriously have no other chance in life other than doing this.

I also am a sportsbettor and have been making money in this business for the last 5 years. I find trading and betting very similar. The psychological part is the same. This is why I am sure I will be successful. I can take hits over hits and I just dont go down mentally. I keep on doing the same **** over and over again without blinking an eye. At the end of the year i look at the bottom line and i am a happy man.

Money management is the most important thing of all. Whats your regular unit size on any given trade? Mine is 3% of capital. My system is pretty conservative, it usually comes up with around 200 trades per year and the winning % is around 50%.

Oh yes, whats the maximum drawdown you are willing to bear? 15%? 20%? I saw some pros take 30+% hits and be cool about it.

How much do you pay in tax in Italy of trading profits? I heard that you don't pay any tax of forex profits in Italy. It's that true? :?:

6 months full time, about 3 years part time. 2-4% per trade depending on probability and risk. If I had a drawdown of 25% I would be very worried.

While books are being mentioned I just finished Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom for the 2nd time, very good book. Also just finished Forex Revolution by Peter Rosenstreich, pants.

BOE - interest rate rise would be nice, unlikely.

Few!! All I can say I would have had hell of a morning fading you lot. today ;)

DONT TAKE IT THE WRONG WAY I AM NOT TAKING THE P..

:cool: