Best Thread Live Cable Trading

YachtFund said:
Getting ahead of myself. Is a flag forming? Therefore a down move should be due?

Maybe, maybe not... The beauty of the indicator is that it cuts out those thoughts. It says yes or no and avoids possible fake breakouts.

Out at +10.

(I always use a 10 pip trailing stop until breakeven) I then exited on indicator signal.

Last edited:
Short at 1.7670

Usual 20 pip stoploss and 10 pip trailing stop (till breakeven) and target as and when reached....

Usual 20 pip stoploss and 10 pip trailing stop (till breakeven) and target as and when reached

Call me dumb, but arn't these rules mutually exclusive?

If you have a 10 pip trailing then surely your inital stop has to be 10 pips.

PS as I write it looks like the last trade is a -20.

JonnyT

It is a loser indeed.

Okay, I know that doesn't make sense at all. I start with a stoploss of 20, then move it 10 as the market moves 10 until I am at breakeven.

Gonna knock it on the head today... tomorrow be another day...

Good evening to all

MONDAY....... -20 / -10 / 0 / 0 / +10 / -20

Last edited:
I will be fading you trades once again. :cheesy: I will start tomorrow, but I will keep in the background,not to put you off. ;)

For all.When you take these trades who are you trading with.spread bet or a futures account

:D

My SL is not important as this depends on the percentage of winners to losers and to the average win and average loss.

i.e. I could have an SL of 100 pips but it wouldn't matter if I had 90% winners at 20 pips.........

Badtrader, I assume you went against my last position and are now -90 pips ;)

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
Badtrader, I assume you went against my last position and are now -90 pips ;)

JonnyT
Jonny I am sure you will give give up some of those pips in the coming days ;)

I reckon 1.7810 could well be the intermediate trend top and am looking for downward pressure.

JonnyT

Hey JT

Long time no speak. Not been about these boards for a good while now.

Good to see you having a crack at full time trading.

Me, I'm still plugging away at it part time, trying to build my trading pot. - Slowly but surely!