Best Thread Live Cable Trading

As its Friday I have got out of cable from long 1,7652 flat 1,7672 for 20 pips

428 pips for the week

Long GBP 1.7691, stop 1.7663

Reason for trade is the take out of the last swing high from Friday which might signal a resumption of the uptrend from last week. Alternatively it may be a market fake to lure in crap traders like me prior to continuing down.

JonnyT

Looking and awaiting a short myself....

Messed up allready this morning as I've changed my chart program and still having problems with it and consequently was long at 1.7680 but got stopped out at 60...

Have to wait and see how it pans out... Looks down to me!

Trial week

Took the latter part of last week off for a few upgrades and changes...

Dispite the overall consensus of 'price rules', 'patterns are right' and 'indicators lag' etc etc. I believe there are many ways to skin the preverbial and so paper traded two options last week.

1. indicator only
2. price / S+R / patterns only

On paper the former won... time to see with real money!

It is my belief that all that matters is I earn enough to produce food and shelter more than any job I am qualified for, and that all the deeper understanding/pyschological blah blah blah is overated.

My aim is to be consistently right as much as possible and obtain over 200 pips at a fiver a point in a week and I'll be more than happy. I'm not trying to be rich, just self sufficient.

So therefore, this week all trades will be based purely on the indicator alone with no other thoughts since whether they lag or not, I'd rather be late than wrong! :eek:

Hi Jezza.

I think 200 pips per week consistently is way too high.

My take is that 100 pips per week might be achievable.

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
Hi Jezza.

I think 200 pips per week consistently is way too high.

My take is that 100 pips per week might be achievable.

JonnyT

There was me thinking I was being conservative!

I'm going to give this week a trial and see how it comes out. thats only 40 pips per day average and so over a week allowing for good and bad days I don't think 200 should be too difficult!

I'll see how I feel about it next Monday!

You are trying to catch the weekly range - difficult IMHO as is simply being profitable consistently.

JonnyT

Yes the sgort side looks good.

Guys just fade my trades and you will make the 200 pips per week, no sweat.

JonnyT

Looks a bit like a flag, pennant etc to me with a nice drop imminent, but I'm not trading my thoughts anymore... just my indicator!

Out for breakeven and time for a break... mixed signals from indicator due to tight range so gonna wait a bit...

Short at 1.7672
Stop at 1.7692
Target at 1.7600 (although indicator for actual)

MONDAY... -20 / -10 / 0

I still say long, but we will have to wait for the yanks by the look of it.

JonnyT