Best Thread Live Cable Trading

dc2000 said:
LOL

I must of miss read I thought you were on the Dow from 11002 looking for 250+ which I thought was fair if a little optimistic, but can't forgive you for the FTSE though today was a no brainer as it will be for a pop n drop tomorrow

still waiting for 331 cable meself

I made 100 pips on the Dow, only to over leverage on the FTSE and give it all back :eek:

...currently short VEBO...sar @439. Which happens to be right on today's pivot. Be useful to see DC's 331, by which time VEBO and FCBO will have stops at BE. lol i can hear machetes being sharpended in the background...

The vebo Buy looks the most promising for me today

I made 100 pips on the Dow, only to over leverage on the FTSE and give it all back

Been there done that T shirt etc in fact given that I've probably done it more than a couple of times in the early days could write the book "How to WIN BIG and give it all back" " The A B C profit wave"

What is up with cable today......?

I'm off to watch some paint dry soon.

looks plausible to me..... :cheesy:

Attachments

• meta2.gif
    meta2.gif
    24.2 KB · Views: 192
wasp said:
What is up with cable today......?

I'm off to watch some paint dry soon.

perhaps the beige book @ 6pm (GMT) might cause a stir? other than that not much data to be released today.

maybe the market is waiting for US durable goods (thurs) & 2Q GDP (friday) ?

Last edited:
..hm this 50% fib level (daily chart), seems to be struggling support side atm, plus the narrow descending triangle this am on the 5min....perhaps a useful drop to be had in the next few hours and then a turn from this evening's report, although i'd favour tomorrow's 13:30 reports to get price cooking.

Last edited:
Have you seen the EURGBP? Eur is stronger this am... still in a triangle the 1hr chart on cable is interesting. Lots of shadow at the top. Seems to be pushing more to the down side but not breaking.. Taking a break. On a day like this 11point is gold:)

Last edited:
I have no opinion on Cable but EUR,CHF and JPY all look bullish to me against the USD, so IMHO unless EUR/GBP really surges Cable will go up or stay in the range

Offshore Trader said:
Well, I hope no-one has been sitting in front of the screens all morning.....

after a big move , the next day always seems to be a bit slow , and not worth trading

Offshore Trader said:
I have no opinion on Cable but EUR,CHF and JPY all look bullish to me against the USD, so IMHO unless EUR/GBP really surges Cable will go up or stay in the range
It will be interesting to see if the JPY is really bullish by the end of the day as today is wednesday and the interest rate differential is substantial. Might even look at GBPJPY

Pivots

coincidential or important?

I've been having a look at pivots today and looking back, it seems sometimes they are useful, sometimes not. Sometimes they cause a reversal, others not.

There were points were it was spot on and others it just looked like it could have been the grid on the chart and it just happened to be in the same area.

Does anyone here use them for FX? and find them useful?

dc2000 said:
The vebo Buy looks the most promising for me today

VEBO sell stopped out for -41. VEBO buy now filled at 439. 439 = pivot and currently reversing, hopefully not for too long before the next run up.

wasp said:
coincidential or important?

I've been having a look at pivots today and looking back, it seems sometimes they are useful, sometimes not. Sometimes they cause a reversal, others not.

There were points were it was spot on and others it just looked like it could have been the grid on the chart and it just happened to be in the same area.

Does anyone here use them for FX? and find them useful?

i use them and they are very useful and alway accurate. I use them not in the way most people use them

...just using the pivot rather than s&r lines atm in fact. This week has seen the pivot act as a reversal point and just now the pivot appeared to cause a 'stumble', could be coincidence but it tends to happen quite consistently. I've never found the s&r levels to be that useful.

coolTrader said:
i use them and they are very useful and alway accurate. I use them not in the way most people use them

I'm guessing by the way you worded that your not gonna spill the beans on just how you use them differently :cheesy:

coolTrader said:
Intriguing CT. I bias the pivot level toward reversal, so if trending down like we have been on cable for the last 3 sessions and price rises up to the pivot it has consistently been a good short signal. Coupling TA around the pivot and you get to nail trend reversals too.