Best Thread Live Cable Trading

DOLLAR 5 Minutes

5 minute dollar chart. Asian overnight range breakout.

Where would the Darvas fans put their boxes ?

Attachments

• dollarmonday.JPG
    dollarmonday.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 171
neil said:

on the hourlies, the 2am bar sets the High.
and the 4am bar sets the Low.

this leads into the breakout to the downside.
( retrospectively, of course. :) )

the D-Boxes are fun, but then judgement must be also be used to decide that the box has to be broken within a short space of time, otherwise the high and low has less meaning as time progresses, and you are better off searching for more recent boxes.
( also, if it is a true congestion, you are probably better off looking for bigger boxes, so as not to be spiked into a trade, when the market is still congesting/ranging. )

I am beginning to like them, but, as per 1-2-3, the b/o must occur within a few bars of the box forming, or it loses its value. ( for me )

still observing, not trading them.

neil said:

no clue, but that was a nice set up today......missed it though, thought the trendline in the 60 minute chart that held the swing lows from previous days would hold, and it was just in the middle of the way to target...........it obviously broke it, and got to target and a bit beyond!

did you catch it neil?

neil said:

Hi Neil,

I have drawn a Darvas box on your chart <attached below> which would have given us an entry a point before, but then if the previous box was traded we would have had to let the trade run against us into16-19pts negative depending on spread. The only downfall I find with trading the Darvas method is giving your trade a lot of room and many times all you can take out of the market is a quick 5 pips after which the trade reverses into testing the support/resistance turning back into negative.

Cheers.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 147
trendie said:
on the hourlies, the 2am bar sets the High.
and the 4am bar sets the Low.

this leads into the breakout to the downside.
( retrospectively, of course. :) )

the D-Boxes are fun, but then judgement must be also be used to decide that the box has to be broken within a short space of time, otherwise the high and low has less meaning as time progresses, and you are better off searching for more recent boxes.
( also, if it is a true congestion, you are probably better off looking for bigger boxes, so as not to be spiked into a trade, when the market is still congesting/ranging. )

I am beginning to like them, but, as per 1-2-3, the b/o must occur within a few bars of the box forming, or it loses its value. ( for me )

still observing, not trading them.

Hey Trendie,

I find you right at the beginning of this thread, how you been buddy ?
I must say I was fascinated with BadTrader's ideas, taking the opposite view of the rest of the crowd.. poor guy he had to keep very large stops, don't know though why he was banned - he had a meaning to his madness.

Out of interest how many bars do you look for in your boxes also I have been thinking about the height in terms of pips between the high and the low - With Darvas method, the larger the boxes the wider the stops.

Last edited:
Reason to enter -
Resistance was broken on Cable, could have traded the cable but I found Euro more interesting because it had a false breakout earlier which I had not entered therefore it had momentum behind it to push the price through the high of the day.

Reason to close -
The high of the day was broken, many times the price reverses back to test the support level and hence changing the direction going into negative. Please see charts attached.

2nd Entry ?
There is a second entry at 1.2462 and it may bounce from here. Can be traded with a tight stop.

Attachments

• Euro 26th April.JPG
    Euro 26th April.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 156
There is a posibility of another bounch close to 1.2450 level.

Attachments

• Euro 26th April 2.JPG
    Euro 26th April 2.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 125
TraderAli said:
Hey Trendie,

I find you right at the beginning of this thread, how you been buddy ?
I must say I was fascinated with BadTrader's ideas, taking the opposite view of the rest of the crowd.. poor guy he had to keep very large stops, don't know though why he was banned - he had a meaning to his madness.

Out of interest how many bars do you look for in your boxes also I have been thinking about the height in terms of pips between the high and the low - With Darvas method, the larger the boxes the wider the stops.

hi TraderAli,

still trading MAs !!
lots of interesting things here on this thread, and it has evolved quite a bit.
I dont trade D-Boxes. I take the Zen approach, in that I dont know the future. All I can do is follow it. I have tried many methods to make sense of the market, but I keep reverting to MAs to trade. ( guess I am just lazy )

badtrader: he was a bit of a nutter, but very entertaining. he did post live trades, and make what appeared to be lots of pips. would be good to see him back.

keep posting live trades. ( top marks for explaining reasoning as well ) :)

EDIT: HEY, I JUST NOTICED I HAVE GOT MY 5 STARS BACK.

Ok, I am back - unfortunately I have been away and was not able to take the 2nd entry on the Euro, it found support at 1.2454 and bounced, a few pips could be pocketed.
Please find a chart attached.

Attachments

• Euro 26th April 3.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 189
If you have not noticed, there was a good short trade on both Euro and Cable. The trade on Cable turned out beautifully.

Attachments

• Short 26th April.JPG
    Short 26th April.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 179
trendie said:
hi TraderAli,

still trading MAs !!
lots of interesting things here on this thread, and it has evolved quite a bit.
I dont trade D-Boxes. I take the Zen approach, in that I dont know the future. All I can do is follow it. I have tried many methods to make sense of the market, but I keep reverting to MAs to trade. ( guess I am just lazy )

badtrader: he was a bit of a nutter, but very entertaining. he did post live trades, and make what appeared to be lots of pips. would be good to see him back.

keep posting live trades. ( top marks for explaining reasoning as well ) :)

EDIT: HEY, I JUST NOTICED I HAVE GOT MY 5 STARS BACK.

Hi Trendie !

We would be interested to see how you trade the market with your MAs approach. At the end of the day we all want profits falling in the account, does'nt really matter if anyone is trading moon phases or traffic lights approach which I read somewhere on the board ;)

Yeah, it would be nice to have BadTrader back, I mean it would be fun to have someone taking the opposite view with amazing confidence.

Anyway, hope you had a nice trading day :)

Last edited:
TraderAli said:
Feeling bored, entered Euro Long @ 1.2458 - Stop 1.2448
Extremely low volume, trade not moving anywhere :(

Whoops, this trade turned into a loss.

I had the opportunity to exit out with a 5 pip loss but I did'nt, Zzzzzzz :(

Pancake Time

Flat as a...

Central value at 7853. Range to play (possibly within today) 7816/7890.

Any breaks thru these levels will be interesting and will require thought rather than jumping in.

I'm getting dull 1dy chart with toppy action at 7950. A defined break thru that level would be indicative of new action. My sense is that it'll favour flat to down (in 1dy terms).

Back to the here-and-now (5 min chart) though, I'm looking for channel play within the range defined above and the possibility of action outside this channel, but it will need to be solidly confirmed re-tests (at least a couple) or powerful thrusts thru for me to put my money into the pot.

Good Trading.

Looking at the slightly longer term view I feel cable has come off R at 7950 zone, broken the triangular pattern and confirmed the bearish rejection.
I am postioned short 7870, 1st target orange support zone and eventual target 7700.

Attachments

• gbp.JPG
    gbp.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 113
Im baaaaaacccckkkkk!! Hello all, havent been on this thread for a while (been busy launching a business venture). How are we all? Are Trendie, Bramble, FC, Baruch etc all still around?