Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Kaffee said:
Zuke, that a target of 90 points or 7790 ?? Big stop if it is.

Target is 90, although you know by now, that I start scaling out at 34, 55 and finally 90 pips. My stop is outside strong resistance in the 7840-45 region

Baruch said:
The Big Baruch :cheesy: train left station rigtht on time this morning - so far 40 nice pips. Did you jump on the train?

I have left the Big Baruch train with 80 pips in my pocket. Thank you for the ride... :cheesy:

PS. See you when it's time for Trade Balance.

zuke said:
Target is 90, although you know by now, that I start scaling out at 34, 55 and finally 90 pips. My stop is outside strong resistance in the 7840-45 region

37 pips onside so closed out 2 lots (out of five) and moved stop to flat. Trade is now a free one with 3 lots running. Next scale out will be if ask hits 752

zuke said:
37 pips onside so closed out 2 lots (out of five) and moved stop to flat. Trade is now a free one with 3 lots running. Next scale out will be if ask hits 752

Looks like another good day in the Zuke household

zuke said:
OK, first live call of the day SHORT 1.7807 Stop 45 Target 90

Great call zuke ! What made you short there though?

I went short also but not until 93...........

Baruch said:
I have left the Big Baruch train with 80 pips in my pocket. Thank you for the ride... :cheesy:

PS. See you when it's time for Trade Balance.

Great stuff Baruch - going to start keeping an eye on this ! Up until now I have only been trading the 8am breakout............

zuke said:

Closed out another lot at 748 for 59 pip gain. Now have 2 lots running to next target (717).

Zinger said:
Great call zuke ! What made you short there though?

I went short also but not until 93...........

Thanks. The bull momentum slowed as we approached 800 and so I decided to short if it went higher than this. I put my stop outside strong 7840-45 res just in case I was wrong.

Zinger said:
Great stuff Baruch - going to start keeping an eye on this ! Up until now I have only been trading the 8am breakout............

Well that's working ok at the minute as well. ;)

Still not convinced about picking a genuine reversal though

zuke said:
Closed out another lot at 748 for 59 pip gain. Now have 2 lots running to next target (717).

Closed out another lot at 718 for 89 pips. I now have 1 lot left running until EOD or break even (807).

Ive more than met me daily target, so am off to the shops! Have a good day all.

Zinger said:

Thank you. Yes, you must start 1 hour earlier... ;)

A bit of clarification.

I have in no way said you can get 18 pips a day. A mean is very different to 18 per day. It just means that most days you will get 18 pips without significant reversal.

Other days it will reverse and you take a loss, on rare occaisons you get trades like today...

However I couldn't get it to work consistently enough to make money.

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
A bit of clarification.

I have in no way said you can get 18 pips a day. A mean is very different to 18 per day. It just means that most days you will get 18 pips without significant reversal.

Other days it will reverse and you take a loss, on rare occaisons you get trades like today...

JonnyT

OK. Have you tested the method with real money, or just looking back on the charts? And for how long time?

Nice trade Zuke

Im beginning to look at cable in a whole new light given that Ive had as many pips of it a couple of hours than I would normally off the Dow in 7 hours.

Where is the best place for accurate historical data?

JonnyT said:
A bit of clarification.

JonnyT

Yes today was rare, so I'm not bothered about missing out on 80 - 100 points. Like I keep saying... If you have something that works... keep doing the same thing day after day.

It's monotonous at times... but hey, I could be in a meeting with a flip chart and markers !! ;)

dc2000 said:
Nice trade Zuke

Im beginning to look at cable in a whole new light given that Ive had as many pips of it a couple of hours than I would normally off the Dow in 7 hours.

Where is the best place for accurate historical data?

I've looked all over the place.... but couldn't find any.

Did read somewhere, that there was a platform that allowed you to "replay" a days movements in real time so that you can practice "in the heat of battle" at your own leisure.

It was somewhere on T2W. Will have a look and post the link back here.

Edit:--- Found it, apparently "esignal" does this. Post was on this board:
Trade2Win Boards > The Markets > Forex >Help me in getting started
Post #17.

Last edited:
Decent down move on cable this morning; must admit I thought there would have been more of a pause at 7700.

Kaffee said:
I've looked all over the place.... but couldn't find any.

Did read somewhere, that there was a platform that allowed you to "replay" a days movements in real time so that you can practice "in the heat of battle" at your own leisure.

It was somewhere on T2W. Will have a look and post the link back here.

Edit:--- Found it, apparently "esignal" does this. Post was on this board:
Trade2Win Boards > The Markets > Forex >Help me in getting started
Post #17.

Beware! eSignal's Forex data is useless for testing short term strategies - it's been discussed several times on these boards, do a search & i'm sure you'll find something.

Try TradeStation - it's one of the best charting packages around & is now free so long as you do 10 or more RT lots/month.

Simon

You know... with so many correct calls on here today, it's a shame Badtrader is missing. We could have cleaned him out on his fades !!!! ;)