Little Red Riding hood

llew

Beauty and the Beast

When Little Red Riding Hood arrived, he pretended he was her grandmother and invited her to get into bed with him. She did so, and noticed many peculiar things about his appearance which made her wonder if it was really an old lady. He first tried to reassure her, and then ate her up (apparently without chewing her). A hunter came and rescued her by cutting the wolf open....

This is a classic game in TA Theory,no not Technical Analysis but Transactional analysis.
Rapo

Theme The kiss off.
Purpose Sexual teasing.
Roles Persecutor (P), Victim (V).

Social Rapo is a sadistic, mean-spirited game, which is, unfortunately, extremely common, and about which much has been written. It is essentially a power play, in format, and may vary from an exceedingly subtle abstract psychological motif, all the way to brutal and viciously physical 3rd degree forms which may end in homicide.

P sets V up by coming on flirtatious or overtly sexual. Usually before the consummation of the act, P rejects V and proceeds to enjoy V's discomfort. A well-matched partner is often found in masochistic Kick me players. Rapo may be played by either or both sexes. Female-initiated hetro Rapo often proceeds from ***** envy. Further gratification may be obtained if P is able to enjoin a third party, often the legal system, into a game of Let's You and Them Fight, with a bogus cry of sexual assault or harassment. Male hetro Rapo is often exploitive in nature, with such variations as Casting Couch, Under the Desk, etc. Homosexual forms have been described.

Payoffs - the sundry payoffs of social Rapo include the collection of righteous indignation stamps, gratification in the affirmation of attractiveness/seductiveness, the triumph of the con (or of revenge) and the vindication of a "they (often the entire opposite sex) are not-OK" position.

Antithesis - this insidious game can be thwarted by persons able to discriminate between genuine expressions of feeling versus the come on of a game, but most of us can probably remember being suckered in once or twice, I'm sure. P needs intensive psychotherapy to uncover and resolve the psychosexual basis of the need to play.

If you want to see some classic games being played then come to T2win it's the best TA education site on the internet and there are many more.
Happy Trading everyone

This is an excellent piece llew. And more so if you consider that helping people polarise perceptual position increases their options and their ability to understand.

If we all decide there are only either Persecutors or Victims, we're gong to choose one or the other.

Before Transactional Analysis came along, people didn't have Parent,. Adult and Child...

I really do appreciate the positive intent of your post and I know where you're coming form and your intention, but is it really going to help in this medium?

Having some basic understanding of the roles and transactions and the games that we play as humans,even in our minds not just with others ,in my view can help to resolve many issues and conflicts in our trading and also protect us from certain sales pitches that have been put forward on this site.If for example you walk in to a store and find an expensive coat that you would like to buy but can not afford it,a good salesman will identify this and will try and hook your internal child by saying to you,yes sir thats a very nice coat but we have some cheaper ones over here,instantly we feel insulted and progress to reply as a child ,buy replying' but i like this one',the one we can't afford.Because our child was hooked by the salesman, we end up buying the one we couldn't afford or something we didn't want in the first place.This is a very brief example of hooking someone's child by using your internal parent and it's very obvious that on a certain thread this has been done to great effect by a very competent salesman.
With regards to trading my view is that understanding the internal roles that we identify with ,can help us immensely in improving our internal conflicts,for example in sticking to rules and a trading plan.
From my experience i have had big problems in sticking to a plan and for a long time couldn't understand why this was so,but through TA i can identify this as a conflict i have with my internal parent and internal child,one that i'm constantly working on.
If we can identify within ourselves certain positions that we change to,be it parent, adult or child,when trading,we can clearly see that if we don't stick to certain rules,then we are trading with our child.
What i'm suggesting is that to have an understanding of TA could maybe help to solve certain Psychological issues in trading.
Good Trading Everyone.

I agree that anything that makes you a better trader, person whatever, is to be welcomed.

This is very interesting.

My point was that when I was using Transactional Analysis, it became aparent (that's supposed to be funny) that I was seeing EVERYTHING as an interaction of Parent, Child, Adult.

But real life isn't like that. TransAn is just another model. Just like everything else is just a model. If it's useful fine. But as the old saying goes "If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail".

There are no models of any kind (that I've yet discovered) which will fit every life situation. And so it's useful I believe to have a number available to you, to use as and when each situation demands.

And as far as I am aware, nobody has yet bought a coat they couldn't afford on these boards.

The Bramble said:
I agree that anything that makes you a better trader, person whatever, is to be welcomed.

This is very interesting.

My point was that when I was using Transactional Analysis, it became aparent (that's supposed to be funny) that I was seeing EVERYTHING as an interaction of Parent, Child, Adult.

But real life isn't like that. TransAn is just another model. Just like everything else is just a model. If it's useful fine. But as the old saying goes "If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail".

There are no models of any kind (that I've yet discovered) which will fit every life situation. And so it's useful I believe to have a number available to you, to use as and when each situation demands.

And as far as I am aware, nobody has yet bought a coat they couldn't afford on these boards.

It's given me an overall understanding of my mind as i interact with the market,if i see the market as being a parent and teaching me a lesson,then my reaction in the past was get back at the market,but only to find out that i would lose more money,this would be a parent -child interaction,if i can maintain present adult position,then i might do something different by paper trading the next trade or giving up for the day.
What i suggest is that this adult state that we can nurture is something similar to a trading persona that's been discussed on T2W.Maintaining this mature adult responsible position is the key to trading successfully ,but as we know this is very difficult for many ,due to the mind interchanging subconsciously between these positions.I am one that has this problem but now that i'm aware of this i'm able to rectify certain mistakes that i keep on making in my trading.

I've bought many coats that i couldn't afford it shows in my loses,i'm slowly finding out though if i let the market still control my child i will carry on buying these coats,so i have to either go shopping elsewhere or stay in my adult much more and stick to my Trading Plan.
Thanks for your feedback The Bramble.
Regards Llew