Lightning's Pit Stop

Hey Split I made the same mistake in last months comp, its not a major issue if spotted early(as I didn't ) so I now always check the last trade time on yahoo first, nothing worse than sitting there waiting for a stock to move for a week or more and nothing happening. No damage done for you I see, only 45 quid.

FTSE manged a bounce off 6000 - damn

Dow keeping its nose above 12100 - damn
edit - not any more :D Mrs Beetons trading recipe looking good :LOL:

If the Dow ends weak and its bad in Asia overnight im staying short any sign of strength im closing and going long.

Attachments

• RYA.jpg
    RYA.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 192
  • FTSE10~1.jpg
    FTSE10~1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 207
  • DJI.jpg
    DJI.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
After Asian strength i've stopped and reversed.

Not sure afterwards this was a good thing to do, we will see around US open.

Attachments

• RYATRADE.jpg
    RYATRADE.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 183
Market trend carried through from yesterday, looks as though its pausing now waiting for the US open

staying long, US futures pointing to a higher open, so they say on yahoo.

Attachments

• FTSE10~2.jpg
    FTSE10~2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 206
FTSE trend carried through to the upside nicely today.

Dow opened up but doesn't look to have any general direction yet for a trend. (at time of writing)

RYN, well I did reasonably ok at not getting caught on the wrong side of market direction but I let myself down badly on trade execution and blew completely a good reversal trade. staying long into tomorrow

For tomorrow morning, same tactic of checking Asia and US action for a guide to general uk direction.

I felt better about my ineptitude when looking at the usual suspects in the bottom 5, apart from fibonelli - bad luck old chap :LOL:

onward & upward

Attachments

• RYA.jpg
    RYA.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 193
  • FTSE10~1.jpg
    FTSE10~1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 193
  • DJI.jpg
    DJI.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 199
Lightning McQueen said:
FTSE trend carried through to the upside nicely today.

Dow opened up but doesn't look to have any general direction yet for a trend. (at time of writing)

RYN, well I did reasonably ok at not getting caught on the wrong side of market direction but I let myself down badly on trade execution and blew completely a good reversal trade. staying long into tomorrow

For tomorrow morning, same tactic of checking Asia and US action for a guide to general uk direction.

I felt better about my ineptitude when looking at the usual suspects in the bottom 5, apart from fibonelli - bad luck old chap :LOL:

onward & upward

I've got a dog! You'll get me before the close, Don. :cry:

Split

RYN still on the up.

FTSE also trending up well.

At the time of writing, Dow still holding uptrend, bouncing off 89 MA and heading up. which coincidentally is at laptops go short area.

For tomorrow as usual, Asian morning check, what happened in US look back, im also looking at what the Yen's been up to.

Two days left in the share comp, not sure but I may let loose with some wild trades for fun on other stocks. speculative penny ones are back on the agenda!

At this point im hoping for a proper index comp next week. FTSE and Dow would be good and not guess the level next week type comp :rolleyes:

Split - even if my stock selection was hot the "trading my way out of a wet paper bag strat" would let me down. your still in front with two to go, your dog performed well today :cry:

I've also included the very probable comp winning trade by Mr bloggs in the screenshot

Attachments

• CAP1.jpg
    CAP1.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 197
  • FTSE10~1.jpg
    FTSE10~1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 194
  • RYA.jpg
    RYA.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 187
  • DOW.jpg
    DOW.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 194
oh dear me, a bad day indeed 1 missed trade, 1 late trade:(

trades went completely awry, i've ended up with no position going into monday - I suppose this may possibly be a blessing in disguise.

other than that its good to see Split fighting it for the top spot, brightened a gloomy day.

onward and upward :rolleyes:

Attachments

• DODGY2.jpg
    DODGY2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 184
  • DODGY.jpg
    DODGY.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 192
  • OOPS.jpg
    OOPS.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 190
Lightning McQueen said:
oh dear me, a bad day indeed 1 missed trade, 1 late trade:(

trades went completely awry, i've ended up with no position going into monday - I suppose this may possibly be a blessing in disguise.

other than that its good to see Split fighting it for the top spot, brightened a gloomy day.

onward and upward :rolleyes:

:LOL: Thanks for waking me up over ESH :rolleyes:

Split

Splitlink said:
:LOL: Thanks for waking me up over ESH :rolleyes:

Split

No probs, glad it helped, I have seen others in the same predicament, you know im looking through trades made by others, seeing what can be learned, its surprising how many do it :LOL:

Its only a game so im not bothering complaining about my bad trades on the comp thread, they've probably got enough on their plate with the re launch thats not happened yet.

Now the comp's running to the end of the month im going to do some more work this coming week.

Have a great weekend

don

I now have to get back into the market after fridays debacle.

I have projected a possible price range for Monday, if the trend continues I will try to enter as close to the Ma line as possible. if Mondays action pans out differently I am using the projection as a guide, eg. if the open is high put in a speculative short with a target of the projected Ma etc.

Work is ongoing on the ProScreener programming, with thanks to Splitlink for help and ideas on this vital area, cheers mate :)

Attachments

• RYANAI~1.jpg
    RYANAI~1.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 205
Time to clean out the cobwebs and tidy up the pitstop, Its all moved on since the last entry, continuing the journey here without the hassle.

The plan is to serialise my move from demo trading to live trading via finspreads. hopefully I can convey my hopes and fears of this, showing the method in action along the way (y)

Time to clean out the cobwebs and tidy up the pitstop, Its all moved on since the last entry, 3 keys thread closed and continuing the journey here without the hassle.

The plan is to serialise my move from demo trading to live trading via finspreads. hopefully I can convey my hopes and fears of this, showing the method in action along the way (y)

While I don't want to ruffle any feathers but rather offer a perspective that may be of benefit as you continue to work on this idea of yours, your closing the other thread appears to arise out of a reluctance to address certain issues that were raised by several people. If you don't want to address them, that's your choice. But to close the thread entirely is a luxury afforded you by virtue of the fact that you're a moderator. I doubt that any other moderator would have closed it solely due to the posts that it contained.

As to your "method" or "system", you don't yet have one. You have an idea. You've only begun the work. And since you posted only a couple of charts in a 200-post thread, you should not be surprised that there was so much confusion as to exactly what it is you were doing, or trying to do.

Now that you're back in your journal, all posts should be made at your pleasure. If someone thinks you're wasting your time or that you're taking entirely the wrong course, he should keep it to himself. But if you're going to throw the discussion open to the public on a systems forum, then you should not be surprised by the expectation that readers will want you to defend -- or at least explain -- what it is that you're doing and why.

Good luck to you.

Thanks for your input db, much appreciated, the thread is only on a temporary closure to let the hubbub subside a little :)

To be honest I didn't think that the method was that difficult to follow, one price one Ma, simple stop, surely not difficult to put on a chart and follow, and frankly didn't have the time to follow up on the questions, when all people had to do was observe on their charts

You are right, the pace of things will mellow now I'm back in the journal, allowing me to focus on the work I have ahead and leave the other thread to its own course.

cheers