a new bull test looming

r75auq.gif

eurusd 4 hour
shows the downtrend that started on 15 august
green line is nfp move
2 down moves deteted red and purple
if it recoils areas are marked
17 pips by 1 reversal hilo plot
1.2500 round number..we shall see if the bulls have muscle when it tests resistance

20z9xdj.gif

Bulls Eye WAS the best, but that's changed now in that their latest version is just so inferior to the original as they tried to incorporate all charting styles they've lost the plot a little. You can only see such a small section of data at a time I found it next to useless.
Take a look at some of the others I've mentioned and others mention on the thread I've put up. Hope that helps you[/QUOTE]

Hello to everyone.
Special thanks to Dentist007 and Maluguti for the great load of work they have done with this very helpful thread.

I would like to have a try with BeB5 but I'm worried because:

1. The one year subscription costs 300 Euro. Therefore I've opened a ticket in
order to let me know if they could give me a free trial period.
After one week I've never received any answer, not even a negative one.

2. That is worrying too because I would like to use BeB5 with IB (InteractiveBrokers) .
if I'm not able to make it running properly and I can't have any help I'd have thrown my money in the bin.

3. In the support section of their website there are only very few FAQ.
The latest tickets published go back to march 2013.

Do you know if they are still alive?

Thanks for your answers

Last edited:
Hello to everyone.
Special thanks to Dentist007 and Maluguti for the great load of work they have done with this very helpful thread.

I would like to have a try with BeB5 but I'm worried because:

1. The one year subscription costs 245 Euro. Therefore I've opened a ticket in
order to let me know if they could give me a free trial period.
After one week I've never received any answer, not even a negative one.

2. That is worrying too because I would like to use BeB5 with IB (InteractiveBrokers) .
if I'm not able to make it running properly and I can't have any help I'd have thrown my money in the bin.

3. In the support section of their website there are only very few FAQ.
The latest tickets published go back to march 2013.

Do you know if they are still alive?

Thanks for your answers

Thanks Arrowy, I haven't tried to contact them for some time, but i doubt they've given up. My last discussions with them (via email and some time ago, as they don't like anybody calling them!) suggest they will not do a trial period and I also believe they don't do any demos anymore either.
My opinion is that many used the free trial period and then gave up, so its in their interests now not to even allow the trial anymore.
I'd love BEB to refute this. Good luck getting an answer though.

someone is needed to write p.f charting software as a stand alone programme
just to read saved files ..like beb4, rather than plot the live feed
Steven Archer, an Ausiie wrote beb4.He then sold on the rights a few years ago.I dont think it is copyrighted because it just plots data and the techniques are not new
any offers ? I am sure there is a market

it could be either a stand alone programme or a plug in for excel
the one off licence fee for beb4 was 150 pounds many years ago
I am sure people would pay 200 plus nowadays
we just need the close and hilo plot...got a feeling Duplessis has copyrighted the others...but who cares
any programmers salivating ? I think its easy money

I do agree with your approach :
1. Find a trend ( trend is your friend),
2. Then Find a level of s/r so that momentum will resume or invert direction
3. at this point you start your p/f analysis so that you can look inside the market action.
4. 3boxes reversal if we have a dynamic action together with 1box reversal
If we have a congestion area.

My questions:
1. In every market price movement is the result of traders acting at the same time
But with different time horizons . How do you know that what you are looking
At is not too short a movement?

2. I do agree that objectives derived from counts, once activated, are only
Potential and they are also useful to assess the trend strength.
I' ve seen though that you make vertical counts even from 1box reversals while du Plessis states that with 1 box rev only horizontal counts are allowed.
Can you explain this to me?

Thanks a lot

I do agree with your approach :
1. Find a trend ( trend is your friend),
2. Then Find a level of s/r so that momentum will resume or invert direction
3. at this point you start your p/f analysis so that you can look inside the market action.
4. 3boxes reversal if we have a dynamic action together with 1box reversal
If we have a congestion area.

My questions:
1. In every market price movement is the result of traders acting at the same time
But with different time horizons . How do you know that what you are looking
At is not too short a movement

I' ve seen though that you make vertical counts even from 1box reversals while du Plessis states that with 1 box rev only horizontal counts are allowed.

Thanks a lot
not quite
we are using 1,2 and 3 reversal to optimise the chart to gain the most information
some reversals show the action better
vertical counts...sometimes
Malaguti uses them more..he is the expert on that

audjpy 4 hour
looks like the yen wants to recoil and test res
across many fx crosses

2r5rm0x.gif

we wont know until it tests the trend

Duplessis does say that you can't produce a target for a one box, but you can easily get around that, simply by applying the rule on a 2 box. Same time horizon can give you the same results.
As Dentist points out I found them instrumental, they were extremely important for me in determining when to take profit and in assessing the strength of the trend. A failed target was an inherent sign of weakness. I found them to be unnervingly accurate.
Ditto Dentists' reply on the box settings..you've clearly taken the time to go through the thread and the methods.

Duplessis does say that you can't produce a target for a one box, but you can easily get around that, simply by applying the rule on a 2 box. Same time horizon can give you the same results.
As Dentist points out I found them instrumental, they were extremely important for me in determining when to take profit and in assessing the strength of the trend. A failed target was an inherent sign of weakness. I found them to be unnervingly accurate.
Ditto Dentists' reply on the box settings..you've clearly taken the time to go through the thread and the methods.

Due to the fact that my charting softwares ( Multicharts and old Tradestation 2000i) don't plot 1box rev properly I mostly skipped du Plessis paragraphs
on the subject and on 3boxes rev charts I had to bear in mind both 45 degrees trendlines and objectives after having calculated them visually .
Scrolling through the thread without knowing 1box rev it was like for
an englishman who knows a little german to be compelled to thoroughly
understand a conversation between dutch people.
Anyway I can't stand it anymore.

By the way when you tried Market Analyst 7 did it already have the incorporated
vertical objectives ?

http://www.mav7.com/kb/?dw=knowledge-base:market-analyst-7:tools:point-figure:vertical-targets

Thanks for your answer

Malaguti
please could you share with us your one box count method..thanks
very interested to know how you do it
to me,one box count just targets the exact width of a consolidation

Malaguti
please could you share with us your one box count method..thanks
very interested to know how you do it
to me,one box count just targets the exact width of a consolidation

I'd love to mate, but i don't have updata which I used anymore. Can't even work on P&F!
Arrowy, MA7 didn't have targets when I used it, nice to see they've been incorporated

Malaguti
just looked at market analyst...looks really cool
tell me more about it
does it update in real time ? p/f charts especailly
what data feeds will it take
how does it compare to amibroker
basically,i want afeed from mt4
thanks in anticipation

Malaguti
just looked at market analyst...looks really cool
tell me more about it
does it update in real time ? p/f charts especailly
what data feeds will it take
how does it compare to amibroker
basically,i want afeed from mt4
thanks in anticipation

Hey mate, Market Analyst is expensive but its a one off cost, unlike updata that charge you a grand every year and still provide sh1te data!
Updating depends on your feed. esignal, Iqfeed, IB but not MT4.
How does it compare to Amibroker..well amibroker last time I used them couldn't even square the chart so P&F was useless.
The main thing I liked most about MA was the support desk was willing to incorporate things.,I asked about targets and they said they'd look into it, now they have. Also backtesting, and scanning etc was really useful and the way the chart layout was designed and the way you could overlap analysis without becoming too clustered with trend lines/indicators etc
I became a big fan..still haven't purchased it yet. RT investor is also high on my list after Timsk mentioned it could square the chart

Hey mate, Market Analyst is expensive but its a one off cost, unlike updata that charge you a grand every year and still provide sh1te data!
Updating depends on your feed. esignal, Iqfeed, IB but not MT4.
How does it compare to Amibroker..well amibroker last time I used them couldn't even square the chart so P&F was useless.
The main thing I liked most about MA was the support desk was willing to incorporate things.,I asked about targets and they said they'd look into it, now they have. Also backtesting, and scanning etc was really useful and the way the chart layout was designed and the way you could overlap analysis without becoming too clustered with trend lines/indicators etc
I became a big fan..still haven't purchased it yet. RT investor is also high on my list after Timsk mentioned it could square the chart

I would like to point out that from what I've understood MA7
costs USD $1,650.00 and it's comprehensive
of the the first 12 months of "Trader services".
Afterwards, if I'm not wrong, even if you have your own data feed
you have to pay at least the Traders Sevices which is 49 Usd $ per month.

https://portal.market-analyst.com/?gi=p_7002#p_7002

P.s. for Malaguti: perhaps we have more things in common than you could believe.
I wanted "Laverda" as my nickname but T2win told me it was already
in use.
Does that name sound familiar to you?
Have a good day.