Learn Fx

steveb1

Has anyone got any ideas about what the first steps to Learning to trade Fx would be.
ie books to read courses to take etc.
Regards
Steve

Use the "Search" facility on this site under "Discussion" or "Knowledge"

Here is a start -http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=54

"First steps" in trading thread might help.

Good luck :)

It can be hard to dig through all the crap on the internet, but there are a few good trainers out there. The ones who are teaching to trade not selling systems that is.

good forex trainers in my experience are:
Chris lori - www.chrislori.com
Bobokus - learn forex from bobokus
and also james 16 - james16group.us

these guys also have some free threads in forums if you google search.

babypips is a good place for the basics.

Last edited:
If you are new to trading then look for technical analysis books.
If you are new-ish to trading then open a demo account with ODL MARKETS.
If you are looking to earn a living from FX then do not trade until you have a system that you understand and gives regular profits. You can only do this through demo and taking notes to review your trades at the end of the day.
Middlesborough? Long time since I was there!
Good luck, stay patient and learn charts.
Regards.
George

Has anyone got any ideas about what the first steps to Learning to trade Fx would be.
Regards
Steve

I have worked my way through about seven computer based training courses, and so far the best by a mile is Chris Lori's All Star FX pro trader course.

He does not sell a system but teaches you from the ground up.

My next suggestions in order would be Ed Ponsi for good solid background and Steve Neilson for candlestick. I want to get Peter Bains couse but have not found a copy yet.

PS. All of these are available on torrent sites if thats your thing !

UPDATE : got a copy of Peter Bains Trade like the big dogs and it was not very good. Chris Lori covers Peters entire course in just one of his 22 chapters.

Regards
Steve

if you are really keen, you could also do the learning online. there are way too many websites providing you information about FX. once you have an idea, its always best to open a demo account with one of the brokers and get familiar with the whole cycle, before putting in your money.