Larry Levin Secrets of Traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are thousands of courses out there. Everyone claims to be a market guru. I have tried several different approaches to understand how the market operates. Not until I joined " Secrets of Traders" did clarity arrive. The degree of hand holding, live lessons in real time, plus excellent reading materials make this a most comprehensive course.
The live course work covering Globex (overnight) and the day session are very good. Sure you have to put in hard work, but nothing worth while comes easy.

The issue is not so much about Legendary members making, or not making money.
Being called a troll on a forum we have been members on,for several years is what is in context.

And yes a lot of legenday members are successful, I have demonstrated this myself by posting a live statement.
People blog here as they have time to kill, as most of them are successful swing and longer term traders.
We have had several new members coming along boasting about how successful, they are and for how long they have been successful, all we asked for was a simple statement
Its that bit of paper like a bank statement that shows you how many trades you did over a month and how much you lost or won

In all fairness Mickey has been in touch with me and I have contacted the T2W bosses to ensure I can go ahead with Mickeys invitation and not break any T2W rules.
I admire mickey's commitment and trust that he is willing to accept my views regardless of what they are.

I just wanted to make a comment regarding Larry Levin's Trading Advantage trading programs. I have been a paid subscriber for about 1 year and would like to submit that the training is very good with some of the most knowledgeable individuals in the industry with real experience in trading futures as my instructors. I have had nothing less than a positive experience with all of the individuals in the organization. The hard reality is if you think that you can buy a book for $35 on trading futures on Amazon and you will magically possess the skills and discipline to trade effectively is unrealistic. My profession as an Airline Pilot, required 4 years of academics and years of hands on experience with an instructor watching over me to prevent me from making any fatal mistakes is very similar to learning how to trade futures. I believe the personal attention that I have received has been invaluable and well worth the investment, which is tax deductible I might add. I understand the skepticism when money and sales are involved, we all must enter into these investments after completing our extensive due diligence. There are many companies and individuals promising guarantying positive returns, I have never been promised anything other than a top notch education, the rest is my responsibility, hard work and dedication to follow the rules and execute as instructed. As a Flight Instructor myself, I would like to make one last point, my instructors, Dan O'Brien and Patrick Assalone, are without a doubt the most dedicated individuals and are sincerely interested in your success. I hope this gives you an honest opinion of someone with real knowledge and experience with Larry's program.
Study hard and trade well.

The issue is not so much about Legendary members making, or not making money.
Being called a troll on a forum we have been members on,for several years is what is in context.

And yes a lot of legenday members are successful, I have demonstrated this myself by posting a live statement.
People blog here as they have time to kill, as most of them are successful swing and longer term traders.
We have had several new members coming along boasting about how successful, they are and for how long they have been successful, all we asked for was a simple statement
Its that bit of paper like a bank statement that shows you how many trades you did over a month and how much you lost or won

In all fairness Mickey has been in touch with me and I have contacted the T2W bosses to ensure I can go ahead with Mickeys invitation and not break any T2W rules.
I admire mickey's commitment and trust that he is willing to accept my views regardless of what they are.

I appreciate your comment Gamma. I look forward to speaking with you.

I've been a student of Larry's since November. I'm new to futures trading, but I've learned a lot with the secrets of traders course. The two trading rooms give me a great opportunity to trade along with experienced traders. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn futures trading.

I have been a memeber of his chat room for 4 months now and can say it has been a really great learning experience for me. I would recommend his education to anyuone

I have been using Secrets of Traders for over 4 years and have learned how to make money consistently. After sim trading for a few months you should be able to make the money you have put into the course while learning how to trade the markets on your own. This is the only trading course I would recommend because it is the only that has worked for me.

Wanted to see if anyone was using or has used Larry Levin (former floor trader at the CME). I bought his book How I made $1,900,386.82 a while back and it is decent. Prolly need to reread it to get a better feel for it all. I ignore most of the email solicitations I get from his site as there is just to much to read and everything can't be "that" important.

So yesterday I get a call which I happened to be home so I answered, and it was someone from his sales crew selling mentorships. It's 4 weeks 1 hour daily web cast, archived if you miss it (M-Th) and Friday you are in the trading room where they feed you trades. $1500 for a stack of reading material and the web stuff.

1) I don't like the idea of being fed trades as I want to be able to see them for myself and act upon it.

2) I really don't want another thing to read that will teach me to be a great trader.

3) Has anyone else done this course? I don't mind paying for services but I prefer ones with warranty's or $$ back if... and I'd prefer not to get a refresher education for $1500 when I could drop that $1500 on a cruise instead...

thoughts?

To whom it may concern
I have been trying to trade for 20 years with awful results. It wasn't until I signed up with TA that things began to change for the better. I now know why I am getting into trades and have a much better understanding of how markets work. Dan O'Brien is hands down the best trader I have ever seen. It is a pleasure to learn from you guys.
Joe D

Excelletnt trading. I knew nothing about futures. Now I am a very successful trader. Excellent customer service. I can ask any questionand all are always answered.

If you've beena trader or never have been Trader Advantage is your best tool.

Wanted to see if anyone was using or has used Larry Levin (former floor trader at the CME). I bought his book How I made $1,900,386.82 a while back and it is decent. Prolly need to reread it to get a better feel for it all. I ignore most of the email solicitations I get from his site as there is just to much to read and everything can't be "that" important.

So yesterday I get a call which I happened to be home so I answered, and it was someone from his sales crew selling mentorships. It's 4 weeks 1 hour daily web cast, archived if you miss it (M-Th) and Friday you are in the trading room where they feed you trades. $1500 for a stack of reading material and the web stuff.

1) I don't like the idea of being fed trades as I want to be able to see them for myself and act upon it.

2) I really don't want another thing to read that will teach me to be a great trader.

3) Has anyone else done this course? I don't mind paying for services but I prefer ones with warranty's or $$ back if... and I'd prefer not to get a refresher education for $1500 when I could drop that $1500 on a cruise instead...

thoughts?

We have been with Secrets of Traders for almost a year. We are still learning. The material is good. There are a series of lessons which show the criteria for entering specific types of trades. In the trading room they discuss the specific trades as they set up (although many happen quickly) and you can then decide if you want to take the trade or not.

They also teach trading psychology which I happen to think is a very important part of trading.

I think if you put the effort into reading, studying, listening to the materials you will be rewarded. It takes time to learn to trade-use the sim for awhile before trading real money!

I have been a member of this Program for about 3 months now, and in my opinion, it is by far the best trading program out there. Trading Advantage is the only school that I know of that actually teaches you how to be a trader. That being said, it is not easy to become a professional trader; it will take patience and persistence. But if you come in with an open mind and apply yourself, you will learn how to consistently be profitable trading.

i have been with larry dan and pat since sept 2010.
the main thing i have learned is what trades to say out of this has increce my win ratio.
also trade with the trend i use to guess when the bottom was and go against the trend loosing me a lot of money.
knowing when to enter and understanding high volume areas also takes the fear and panic you may feel when trying to deciding when to enter a trade.

great work guy i want to enroll my Kids in the course as soon as im making real money

peter

Last edited:

thoughts?[/Q

I have been in the course for 2 weeks. Instructors are great

I recently joined the program and have been through the entire course. Previously I have trading experience in stocks (which I did well with) and options (mixed results). With no real short term or long term strategy or focus, my options trading has deteriorated.
I always wanted to trade futures and the Secrets of Traders methodology is rock solid. If you want to learn to trade futures, this is one course you want to take. It teaches you real time trading methods and not using time lagging indicators. They also teach you to use simulators as you learn so you can see how powerful their tools are and to keep you from losing your real money as you are learning the trading techniques and building your trading foundations. I am 10x more confident in my trading skills and abilities now having gone through the program.
I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to day-trade and make consistent income day in day out.

Alex

Larry's Secrets of Traders course has provided the insight into how the markets work and i am deeply grateful for the information. There customer service is second to none and the quality of education is new to me and a huge learning experience. My emotional side of the business has greatly improved and I now have the patience to trade successfully. I would highly recommend the course to anyone who wants to learn the right way from a real pro.

I've been a lifetime-membership student with Trading Advantage since July 2010. I rate it pretty highly. Students have direct access to the administration and instructors from early morning to late evening. There are two live trading rooms - one more conventional and a second focused on Market Profile trades and setups. There is also classroom instruction on trading available each evening and (for those that use the platform) Trade Maven instruction available during the day at least once each week. A novice trader should be advised that this is all about training and support - and not necessarily mirroring the trades of others. I've observed that intermediate and advanced traders - those with a few years of experience - are routinely satisfied with their Trading Advantage experience.

I have been with Larry Levin's Trading Advatage Company and have taken their coursees for almost a year now. Of all the trading seminars I have attended and softwares that I have bought ever since I started my trading journey, Trading Advantage stands out as the best in Trader Education. They do not offer a quick solution like a trading trick or gimmick, but rather a process that transforms a newbie to become a great trader. I am a lifetime member at Trading Advantage, and ecah morning as I start my trading day, that is what I have.... A TRADING ADVANTAGE. Do yourselves a favor...check out their website and discoverfor yourself.

The program teaches a unique and disciplined methodology for trading. As an experienced trader I have learned more in 6 months with Larry than the prior 15 years.

My experience with Larry - Trading Advantage has been great. Patrick is a #1 educator - he can explain his point several ways until everyone gets it. I've been through many programs - this is the one that leads you to make your own decisions correctly based on market evidence in the moment. No one knows where the market is going - Patrick always reminds us of this. I've been with the program since Oct 2010 and am very pleased. Communication with Patrick is always answered promptly; no one blows you off after your money is in Trading Advantage's pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.