laptops YM Trades.

chindl said:
Another good one laptop, well done.
Are you going to continue posting charts of the trades, it seems to have stopped for now.
Chris

Hi Chindl

I will post some charts up next week.

klw said:
lol laptop.

another great call there, you certainly know how to pick them. I diden't think it would go up and straight back down like that but then what do I know.
Klw

Do the opposite of what most are doing and you do well ;)

No more trades today guys, I am going to do some scalping I think there could be some nice opportunities today.

See you all Monday

Stop now at break-even, could be a quick trade change target to 40 points, just a few tick below today's high

out at break-even. Well nearly worked out. its a bit messy today and looks like it will go on to hit the target on the bounce there me more

Hi there laptop - out at BE on this one? What made you move the stop up on this occasion? Couldn't really spot any S/R level on the break back down from the days high?
Chris

Out at breakeven at 12345

Live Trades to date so far
1...£1 a point - 55 points = lose- £55.00

2..£2 a point + 107 points = profit £214.00.

3..£1 a point - 25 points = lose £25

4..£2 a point + 114 points = profit £228.00

5...£1 a point + 100 points = profit £100.00

6.. £1 a point + 110 points = profit £110

7..£1 a point + 40 points = profit £40

8..£1 a point + 78 points = profit + £78

9.. £1 a point - 8 points = loss -8

10..£2 a point + 60 points = profit £120

11..£1 a point + 60 points = profit £ 60

12..£1 a point..........Break-even trade

Up £862.00 on 8trades so far. based on £1,00 point. you know the rules if the first trade goes down add another £1 to the next so on....If one was doing 10 pound a point you be up £8620.00.......if one was trading 25 lots you be up $107.75000 trading a futures account

chindl said:
Hi there laptop - out at BE on this one? What made you move the stop up on this occasion? Couldn't really spot any S/R level on the break back down from the days high?
Chris
Gut feeling, It was just one of those trades,I was testing the water so to speak, there is still weakness and I may be thinking of going short...I though the bounce was good off the open today, but we dint quite get there, but lost nothing in trying.

29Investments said:
Think we have a bottom here or is this a reverse bull flag (bear flag) ?
Time will tell 29invest...Still long from 12288, But I'm positioned with a stop and reverse just in case

Ive just lower my Stop and reverse to 12264, to give it a little room

Lost - 24 on the last trade.......I'm now rversed and gone short at 12264.................Dint Jesse say, its never to low to short

No stop on this trade as of yet, or target, I am going to review the trade and see how it goes over the next 30 min to an hour

Two trades today one long and one short the first one lost for-24 points, the 2nd one won for + 52 points.....Here is the update, remember the first trade lost today so the next trade was £2 a point.

Live Trades to date so far
1...£1 a point - 55 points = lose- £55.00

2..£2 a point + 107 points = profit £214.00.

3..£1 a point - 25 points = lose £25

4..£2 a point + 114 points = profit £228.00

5...£1 a point + 100 points = profit £100.00

6.. £1 a point + 110 points = profit £110

7..£1 a point + 40 points = profit £40

8..£1 a point + 78 points = profit + £78

9.. £1 a point - 8 points = loss -8

10..£2 a point + 60 points = profit £120

11..£1 a point + 60 points = profit £ 60

12..£1 a point..........Break-even trade

12...£1 a point - 24 points = loss £24

13...£2 a point + 52 points = profit £ 104.00

Up £942.00 on 13 trades so far. based on £1,00 point. you know the rules if the first trade goes down add another £1 to the next so on....If one was doing 10 pound a point you be up £9420.00.......if one was trading 25 lots you be up $117.750.00 trading a futures account

pssonice this is long. dow bottomed out said:

Missed you post///when you posted your message at 05,44 the Dow/YM was trading at around 12267..Do you still hold the view, that was a good place to buy..This is where I was going short.

Just found your thread
Impressive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also like the Interview pics ;)

My trading style.

The method I have is hard to put in to writing, its based on 2hr 60min sometimes 30min and 2min..I look at the Transports,Nasdaq IBM, Bonds.

I look for strength and weakness and trying to understand it. Today the market was weak all day. I went short at 12264 to most this looks like a bad spot to sell, most here were bottom fishing, and most are wrong most of the time. When a trade looks tough to take, these are the best ones. If one can change ones thinking as to, its never to low to sell or to high to buy

Most traders in the s&p.floor rely on doubling up and reversing.…Its all about knowing the breaks and stops and remember where the market stops. When if it rallies back, remember where it stopped rallying and so on.Remember markets are driven by human behaviour much is generally irrational and remember logic don't always work

some rules, I look at, sell after sharp breaks and buy after rallies, and a top or bottom will be fast.dont trade on opinions, wait for the right trade, remain flexible.

laptop1 said:
My trading style.

The method I have is hard to put in to writing, its based on 2hr 60min sometimes 30min and 2min..I look at the Transports,Nasdaq IBM, Bonds.

I look for strength and weakness and trying to understand it. Today the market was weak all day. I went short at 12264 to most this looks like a bad spot to sell, most here were bottom fishing, and most are wrong most of the time. When a trade looks tough to take, these are the best ones. If one can change ones thinking as to, its never to low to sell or to high to buy

Most traders in the s&p.floor rely on doubling up and reversing.…Its all about knowing the breaks and stops and remember where the market stops. When if it rallies back, remember where it stopped rallying and so on.Remember markets are driven by human behaviour much is generally irrational and remember logic don't always work

some rules, I look at, sell after sharp breaks and buy after rallies, and a top or bottom will be fast.dont trade on opinions, wait for the right trade, remain flexible.

Thanks for the insight. I like to use the 10 exp ma on a daily chart myself, heard lots of s&p floor traders use that also. That's good enough for me. Nice and simple...

Anyway long may the success continue.

Last edited: