KW N5 vs W N5

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
Hi All

Looking through MRCI. I saw this chart for the coming month.

KWN5WN5060405.png

Looks like a breakout trade above the 0 level. So let's do a proper paper trade on this.

Entry price based on using Gold method of trading on close:3210 - 3212 = -2 I presume ESignal mean 321.25 than .2
Initial Margin:$269
Maint. Margin:$225
No of contracts to trade:1
Stop loss:-15
$ per point$50
Value at risk:$737.50

Is this correct and is there anything I've missed out? :eek:
It would be great to follow this trade and see how it goes. :cool:

FTSE Beater said:
It would be great to follow this trade and see how it goes. :cool:

Yes, looking forward to see how this spread evolves. Will be keeping an eye on this one.

FTSE Beater said:
Entry price based on using Gold method of trading on close:3210 - 3212 = -2 I presume ESignal mean 321.25 than .2

FTSE Beater,

I was just plotting this spread in to my charting software, and just as eSignal, it says -2.2 and -2.4 on the price axis, but as I hover my pointer over the close points it says -2.25 and -2.5 in the Data View box. Don't know why it does this. I use fsXtra, which is now a part of IDC, which also own eSignal, but I still think they have separate feeds and I know there haven't been any updates to the software since IDC bought FutureSource.

Also, what do you mean by "Entry based on using Gold method of trading"?

(Edit: Added the chart to this post)

Attachments

• Wheat Spread.jpg
    Wheat Spread.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
Hi Skog.

Not sure about ESignal. I think it has to do with the way they display futures prices and problems with decimal place.

Skog said:
Also, what do you mean by "Entry based on using Gold method of trading"?
Sorry, should have explained this. :eek:
In Spread Trading Success by -oo0(GoldTrader) rule 10. is:

10 Avoid Market Orders

A system using limit orders may be better. Simultaneous MOO and Simultaneous MOC may be they only way you can be sure of getting in or out of spreads with minimum slippage
So I was entering using a MOC (market and Close) price.

HTH

FTSE Beater said:
Hi Skog.

Not sure about ESignal. I think it has to do with the way they display futures prices and problems with decimal place.

Sorry, should have explained this. :eek:
In Spread Trading Success by -oo0(GoldTrader) rule 10. is:

So I was entering using a MOC (market and Close) price.

HTH

Ok, thought that what you meant by Gold method was that price had broken the parabolics or that stochastics were turning up, so that this was a valid buy or something like that. But it was just that you entered with an MOC, nothing worse :rolleyes: .

I've read many of GoldTraders posts, but I think I should re-read them. I also receive many of the interesting e-mails he sends out. I find spread trading futures very interesting and will be following this and future trades that you may post FTSE Beater.

Keep 'em coming :cool:

Last edited:
Hi All

Just a quick update on this one.

KWN5WN50604052.png

Yet to make a move, but no reason to panic.....yet ;)

Hi FTSE Beater,

just thought it was time to add an updated chart in here.

This spread has had a bad start on this week. Today it closed below the previous natural support (that's what Ross would have called it if I remember correctly :) , making the first lower low for weeks.

How do you intend to manage this trade FTSE?

Looking forward to your reply.

-Skog

Attachments

• SNAG-0017.jpg
    SNAG-0017.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 377
-oo0(GoldTrader) said:
Hybrid Thread

Parobolic

Not sure what you're saying here GoldTrader, but do you mean that when the parabolics are breached you should consider closing the trade?

-Skog

Skog said:
I was just plotting this spread in to my charting software, and just as eSignal, it says -2.2 and -2.4 on the price axis, but as I hover my pointer over the close points it says -2.25 and -2.5 in the Data View box. Don't know why it does this. I use fsXtra, which is now a part of IDC, which also own eSignal,

(Edit: Added the chart to this post)

Hi Skog,

You are on the right track with this, because the grains are traded and quoted in 8ths, ie wheat 2/8, 4/8, 6/8 which equals your .25 ,.50, .75 . So it is really the same thing just displayed differently.