Kospi Fut-Options

Goodmorning,

does anyone have experience with trading future options on the Kospi (K200).
It is easy to trade them via IB and it seems there is good volatility and bid/ask spread is also not too big.

Thanks

I've traded the K200 futures a little with IB and intending to trade them a lot more. Just the same as any other futures contract with IB. Haven't traded the options, but I don't see why there should be any problem. Futures executions are fast, exchange seems reliable etc. Futures bid/ask spread is just about always 1 tick. Very liquid.

Margin is quite high for the K200 futures, but it is a big contract and does move a lot.

Last edited:
Thanks Dcraig1,

yes saw that the fut margin is big and indeed fut is a big contract. I don't like that. But I am watching the index-options for a while now and indeed i like the bid/ask spread there too. Very liquid indeed. Also I checked out the options on the (your?) SPI, (since it opens up one hour earlier) , but that seemed rather dead/slow,not much going on there?

regards,
Stickfish

Sorry, never looked at SPI options. The fut does get around a bit, but I prefer K200.

Thanks D-Craig1
That sound like great volatility. Will continue to analyse k200 to get a feel for it.
After I've given the options a try I will post my experience.
Great thing is that at my side of the globe I can trade the thing from my bed. :eek:nline2lo

Hi THere,

Where are you living and what platforms are you using to trade the KOSPI options from?

I've traded the K200 futures a little with IB and intending to trade them a lot more. Just the same as any other futures contract with IB. Haven't traded the options, but I don't see why there should be any problem. Futures executions are fast, exchange seems reliable etc. Futures bid/ask spread is just about always 1 tick. Very liquid.

Margin is quite high for the K200 futures, but it is a big contract and does move a lot.

Anyone know a good platform with international server in us and asia to trade Kospi Future? Other than IB. :D

Looked into this contract a year or so ago, Korea's a bit funny about letting foreign brokers into it's territory. The only one with a licence is IB.

Does anybody have a recommendation for realtime intraday charting for the kospi futs?

Thanks,