Keep missing set-ups...

I have the same problem Ninja - Its a bad idea and i haven't tried it yet but increasing trade size may increase attention lol

And when we lose all our money from bigger risk, we can have a laugh?

Was chatting to Masq about that. It could mean you become too scared to pull the trigger.

I'm trading 21 markets right now on the h1 TF and get 1 to 2 trades per day. From time to time I get 3 but that is quite rare.

The only way I have found I don't miss anything is to immerse myself in the market 24/7. I have a PC beside my bed and left on all night so that if a market is approaching a key level, I can get wake up and check it.

When I get into my study at 6am I can sit through until 10pm at night without getting too bored as I have a group of other traders to talk too via Skype and MSN plus T2W. Plus I find it interesting examining the price and the way it moves - particularly around key levels - regardless of whether I consider it to be setting up.

I've found I can leave my monitors - as long as I am back for each hour.

I also have a network of people - some through T2W - others that are not - that are looking at setups and alerting me to them or any major market moves so even if I am out and not near a PC, I am usually aware of what is going on. For example, when Gold popped today, I was long but out having an MOT done on my car. I got two texts from different people, already knew the resistance levels, so could just tell one of my mates to log in and get me out (I never use limit orders for targets).

If you want an extra pair of eyes...train some traders.

Last edited:
A charting package like Pro real time can send text(s) to your mobile when an Alert is triggered. Pain when your in the pub though....

Na, got to have some time off mate, no good putting on a trade when iv had a few...

I think the problem is that the set-ups only occur once or twice a day, so it's quite boring just sitting without anything to do and so my attention does go where it wants and that is to forums. I have purposely not logged into MSN today and I still missed a nice entry.

I used to find a couple of setups a day on the 1hr for a single pair like cable and you dont need to watch it like a hawk either(but i ended up doing it anyway)
That said its very much down to your strat so if your looking to stick to the 5min you may be best trying to automate your signal with a mind to generating a few false positives.

If you take that approach i'd look to signal anything that looks remotely like your entry and filter them with your brain. You can set it up to scan bjillions of pairs if you care to.

One thing you may consider is in your browsing monitor, set your browser width to leave a couple of inches at the right hand side free and stick a basic chart behind it. You can browse and see if anything "interesting" may be occuring without having to move your head. only need an inch of chart.... pah works for me.

I'm trading 21 markets right now on the h1 TF and get 1 to 2 trades per day. From time to time I get 3 but that is quite rare.

The only way I have found I don't miss anything is to immerse myself in the market 24/7. I have a PC beside my bed and left on all night so that if a market is approaching a key level, I can get wake up and check it.

When I get into my study at 6am I can sit through until 10pm at night without getting too bored as I have a group of other traders to talk too via Skype and MSN plus T2W. Plus I find it interesting examining the price and the way it moves - particularly around key levels - regardless of whether I consider it to be setting up.

I've found I can leave my monitors - as long as I am back for each hour.

I also have a network of people - some through T2W - others that are not - that are looking at setups and alerting me to them or any major market moves so even if I am out and not near a PC, I am usually aware of what is going on. For example, when Gold popped today, I was long but out having an MOT done on my car. I got two texts from different people, already knew the resistance levels, so could just tell one of my mates to log in and get me out (I never use limit orders for targets).

If you want an extra pair of eyes...train some traders.

:sneaky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from taping my forehead to my trading screen, how can I not get distracted by the various forums I use and MSN so that I miss perfectly decent set-ups?

Any tips?

Duct tape at the ready, otherwise.

Maybe someone already said this but ...
I miss really good setups every week. Sometimes I'm not at my computer when they happen, sometimes I allow my ideas about the market and trend cloud my judgement, sometimes Im staring at them and I still miss them!
I look back at the end of the week and I wonder what the heck I was thinking.
Point is that there are always going to be good setups that meet your criteria that you miss and you have to let them go and not sweat it.

Are you not getting enough trades?