Kathy Lien's CCI Strategy

Dilip1

Hi,

Anyone heard of Kathy Lien? If yes, have you tried her CCI trading strategy, I backtested for 1 year on 4 pairs and had some really good results. I've since tried it with my live account and been successfull with it so far. Anyone else had the same experience?

Take Care

Dilip

she's been around a while. was on daily fx for a while then went solo. or with boris. lots about her on the net. hasn't she done a book?

wish i got paid for writing strats , forecasts and training.

she's been around a while. was on daily fx for a while then went solo. or with boris. lots about her on the net. hasn't she done a book?

wish i got paid for writing strats , forecasts and training.

Yeah she has a number of books, I have 2 of them, in one of them she promotes the use of CCI on the daily charts using a very simple setup, I have backtested on 4 pairs and have some incredible results.

I've tried it out and it does work (for now), she also suggests that for the impatient trader you can use 1hr charts but I find it to have to many false readings.

An example of my test was on USD/CHF, only 5 trades from Jan 09 to now but it netted 2000ish pips with a 1:2ish R/R - (if my memory serves me right - im at work just now, oops don't tell my boss :whistling)

Yeah she has a number of books, I have 2 of them, in one of them she promotes the use of CCI on the daily charts using a very simple setup, I have backtested on 4 pairs and have some incredible results.

I've tried it out and it does work (for now), she also suggests that for the impatient trader you can use 1hr charts but I find it to have to many false readings.

An example of my test was on USD/CHF, only 5 trades from Jan 09 to now but it netted 2000ish pips with a 1:2ish R/R - (if my memory serves me right - im at work just now, oops don't tell my boss :whistling)

Hi Dilip,
Are you referring to http://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/08/CCI.asp this strategy?

Thanks,
SDG

Hi Dilip,
Are you referring to http://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/08/CCI.asp this strategy?

Thanks,
SDG

Yep, thats the one. Its so simple but effective, im still going to test the 1hr charts with as many pairs as possible and see if there is a good R/R ratio, but for now im sticking to the day system. With so many pairs to choose you dont have to sit and wait for 1-3 months for readings as there are many overlaps giving a reading quite frequently.

Hi,

Anyone heard of Kathy Lien? If yes, have you tried her CCI trading strategy, I backtested for 1 year on 4 pairs and had some really good results. I've since tried it with my live account and been successfull with it so far. Anyone else had the same experience?

Take Care

Dilip

Hi all

Kathys respected and Boris is also ok...BK FOREX has some decent stuff sometimes and they mainly trade off of the news releases using standard Techicals.....robust enough

if the CCI it works use it....(y)

N

the caveat is talking about strats is not the same as trading.

ever wondered why brokers employ TA's to write free stuff?

the caveat is talking about strats is not the same as trading.

ever wondered why brokers employ TA's to write free stuff?

Agreed, but surely you cannot disagree with the fact that trading is about probabilities and finding the edge to swing the odds in your favour. All im saying is that on paper (and some live trades) the CCI setup is a set and forget trade and used with applying strict rules it seems to be a good one.